Hip Hop

Hi friends,

Just wanted to drop by to report that Armand Hammer tore it up in Portland last night. Billy Woods & Elucid are worth every quip of praise, as I'm sure most (if not all) in this thread view in high regard.

20220331_211909.jpg20220331_213736.jpg20220331_221801.jpg20220331_222016.jpg

I caught a clip of "Falling Out the Sky" as well, apologies for the irksome kid next to me uttering grunts near the 1min mark:

Also glad to snag this as a reward for completing my "no buy March" up to the last hours of the month! 🤗 Conveniently sold a record for $60 less than 24hrs ago to convince myself to splurge at the merch table.

20220401_004041.jpg

EDIT: Changed my tone on a sentence.

Last edited:
Hi friends,

Just wanted to drop by to report that Armand Hammer tore it up in Portland last night. Billy Woods & Elucid are worth every quip of praise, as I'm sure most (if not all) in this thread view in high regard.

View attachment 134122View attachment 134124View attachment 134125View attachment 134121

I caught a clip of "Falling Out the Sky" as well, apologies for the fucker next to me uttering grunts near the 1min mark:

Also glad to snag this as a reward for completing my "no buy March" up to the last hours of the month! 🤗 Conveniently sold a record for $60 less than 24hrs ago to convince myself to splurge at the merch table.

View attachment 134120

How many people attended?

Hi friends,

View attachment 134122View attachment 134124View attachment 134125View attachment 134121

I caught a clip of "Falling Out the Sky" as well, apologies for the fucker next to me uttering grunts near the 1min mark:

View attachment 134120

Awesome. What was the merch situation like? Was the vinyl available before the show? Did you have to wait after to get it signed? Just trying to increase my chances of snagging the WHT LBL.

I read this 3 times and I still have a fucking clue what he is on about lol
First preorder i assume is one of the 2LPs they're dropping today. it goes up in a little over an hour

drop 2 and 3 are an hour later. One of those drops will be a 45, one is another LP.

One is an unreleased project that wont be on streaming. Not sure if that is the drop in an hourish or not. Either way the first drop will have black copies held back for an hour in case u wanna get all 3 drops at 2PMEST to save on shipping.

Something about Conway and Mach feats to add to the mystery. Literally no clue whats coming though..,.Maybe a Fahim tape we never got that has some Mach tracks idk

First preorder i assume is one of the 2LPs they're dropping today. it goes up in a little over an hour

drop 2 and 3 are an hour later. One of those drops will be a 45, one is another LP.

One is an unreleased project that wont be on streaming. Not sure if that is the drop in an hourish or not. Either way the first drop will have black copies held back for an hour in case u wanna get all 3 drops at 2PMEST to save on shipping.

Something about Conway and Mach feats to add to the mystery. Literally no clue whats coming though..,.Maybe a Fahim tape we never got that has some Mach tracks idk

Im not staying up for something I dont know anything about haha
Lets hope thats not a mistake lol

Sorry for responding late, more tired than usual.
How many people attended?
Couldn't have been any more than 75% full at this small venue...I'd say around ~250 folks? The venue had been moved twice in the months leading up to show day.
Awesome. What was the merch situation like? Was the vinyl available before the show? Did you have to wait after to get it signed? Just trying to increase my chances of snagging the WHT LBL.
Woods had mentioned after performing their final cut "Stonefruit" that the merch table had ~60 copies of each Haram Instrumentals and a repress of the Japanese import (w/OBI) of the original artwork. They had vinyl of another release of theirs but I don't remember what it was; apologies for forgetting to snap a photo of the merch catalog. Plenty of shirts (I think five different styles in long sleeve and tees) and posters.
Merch was not available for purchase before the show.
I looked for a minute to find the beginning of the line after the lights returned to normal luminesence and saw that the line was already 50-60 people long to get to the table. It took about one hour (it was midnight by then, no joke) for me to finally get there and purchase the Japanese OBI variant. They will sign after the show, but they were helping out the venue staff with facilitating the merch line, so obtaining the signatures took a few more minutes of waiting.
Hopefully you will get what you are looking for. 🤞

Last edited:
Back