Hip Hop

I am surprised this one hasnt sold out.

Its my fav of them all by SIC

Yea it’s def their best release so far. I posted this on the memphisrap sub in reddit and people were hating. Saying the label is a joke because they haven’t shipped any of the og southern rap stuff yet. I’m def gonna cop but with TPIM dropping this Friday and trying to wait as long as possible before I have to pull the trigger.

Yea it’s def their best release so far. I posted this on the memphisrap sub in reddit and people were hating. Saying the label is a joke because they haven’t shipped any of the og southern rap stuff yet. I’m def gonna cop but with TPIM dropping this Friday and trying to wait as long as possible before I have to pull the trigger.

He only just started doing these memphis drops. dudes be entitled af in that sub lol but in saying that I can understand why.

SIC is handled incorrectly they should be more open with times and communicate better to avoid this kinda response.

The vapor wave crowd has alot more praise for SIC he been doing drops for them for a long while.

So im not worried at all.

With like 4 back to back decent memphis drops I am so keen to see how far they go.. SIC might just be the people who release all of this memphis shit. I can finally delete this cassette rip folder and buy it all xD

With the estimated cash flow this guy gets per drop I dont see many walls in his way to grab most of this scenes releases.
Most of these dudes broke af and forgotten.

He only just started doing these memphis drops. dudes be entitled af in that sub lol but in saying that I can understand why.

SIC is handled incorrectly they should be more open with times and communicate better to avoid this kinda response.

The vapor wave crowd has alot more praise for SIC he been doing drops for them for a long while.

So im not worried at all.

With like 4 back to back decent memphis drops I am so keen to see how far they go.. SIC might just be the people who release all of this memphis shit. I can finally delete this cassette rip folder and buy it all xD

With the estimated cash flow this guy gets per drop I dont see many walls in his way to grab most of this scenes releases.
Most of these dudes broke af and forgotten.

So people are entitled because they don't want to keep dumping money into a label that has yet to produce a single hip-hop vinyl lp? Maybe if they'd waited to do drops AFTER they had already dropped, people would be snagging this shit up. But everything reads kinda like a scam here. There is no way they only pressed 100 records and are charging $27 a copy. Simply not happening.. so somebody over there is being dishonest.

So people are entitled because they don't want to keep dumping money into a label that has yet to produce a single hip-hop vinyl lp? Maybe if they'd waited to do drops AFTER they had already dropped, people would be snagging this shit up. But everything reads kinda like a scam here. There is no way they only pressed 100 records and are charging $27 a copy. Simply not happening.. so somebody over there is being dishonest.

Nah they are entitled cause they are attacking people who bring up the name SIC
I can understand the stress but not the over the top reaction.
I dont see @Clint Howard out with his pitchfork trying to murder people who bring up SIC drops lol them entitled peeps just crossing the line lol

Are you talking about the skinny pimp @ 100? Yeh I am watching that aswell. They did triple DJ screws due to popular demand. So your probably right on the number with skinny.

The guy is not a scammer. I've ordered 2 vaporwave LPs from him. He takes a long time to ship (not Ormolycka long but longer than his Bandcamp dates sometime state), but they came. The dude isn't hiding or stealing anyone's money. He's active on the VaporVinyl subreddit so I'm sure he'll answer if you have questions. And if you're at all worried, you can pay with Paypal and you're protected with their buyer protection.

Can anyone explain to me why these non-Japanese labels are doing OBIs in Japanese for non-Japanese markets? Does anyone know what they even say? Really weird trend I didn't know existed until this thread. Sure, OBIs are cool, but why are they in Japanese? Seems phony.

Can anyone explain to me why these non-Japanese labels are doing OBIs in Japanese for non-Japanese markets? Does anyone know what they even say? Really weird trend I didn't know existed until this thread. Sure, OBIs are cool, but why are they in Japanese?

Clint will know.

But my understanding is.

Japan is known for superior pressings/sound. Japan adopts this technique so collectors have just slowly pursued the style (and audio quality) and now hiphop labels do it to feed that crowd even if the audio isnt up to standard.

Thats my guess anyways.

The guy is not a scammer. I've ordered 2 vaporwave LPs from him. He takes a long time to ship (not Ormolycka long but longer than his Bandcamp dates sometime state), but they came. The dude isn't hiding or stealing anyone's money. He's active on the VaporVinyl subreddit so I'm sure he'll answer if you have questions. And if you're at all worried, you can pay with Paypal and you're protected with their buyer protection.

Im not worried I seen all the positive love in vaporware so im sweet.
SIC is rough around the edges in many ways but I think he will fulfill my order.

Can anyone explain to me why these non-Japanese labels are doing OBIs in Japanese for non-Japanese markets? Does anyone know what they even say? Really weird trend I didn't know existed until this thread. Sure, OBIs are cool, but why are they in Japanese? Seems phony.

Limited edition rap labels started doing them like 7 years ago for special Japan-only releases. Somewhere along the line, Daupe and the rest of them jumped on the bandwagon and realized they could charge more and make it RAERER by putting a dumb obi on it. Thus, we had a world of obis

Limited edition rap labels started doing them like 7 years ago for special Japan-only releases. Somewhere along the line, Daupe and the rest of them jumped on the bandwagon and realized they could charge more and make it RAERER by putting a dumb obi on it. Thus, we had a world of obis

How much for that RAERER ? I needs it! :ROFLMAO:

I hope some of them are insults to people who paid extra for it and can't read Japanese. Then I will like them more.

Edit like: "Don't buy this version unless you're a sucker." or "This cost me a dollar a piece to order and you are paying $20 more dollars for it!"

I hope some of them are insults to people who paid extra for it and can't read Japanese. Then I will like them more.

giphy.gif

I really like how spread out the video releases are! It keeps making me revisit the album which keeps getting better!!!

Plus the video is dope!

Last edited:
Back