Hip Hop

the prices on this depress me

Someone in here was saying its a fake shit bootleg.. I didnt think it was but I think it was clint who said it and I have the tendency to believe everything clint says. Maybe it was someone else.

BTW

Anyone keen for the lil kim drop ?

muosrsz31l631.jpg

That is 100% a bootleg. Don't know why people believe it's legitimate as everything about it screams bootleg.

In all fairness, I kinda dig Late Orchestration .. or I did when it dropped. Not sure if I'd even throw it on if I owned it nowadays. The Nas record was completely forgettable.
I get it, its just, weird, to me for some reason. Maybe I would enjoy something like that more if the songs were originally crafted to be that way. To each their own.

Edit: The Nas is worse though, for sure. At least Kanye did it like, in that moment of his career, makes it seem more genuine and less of a money grab.

What would you say are the signs that it'd be a bootleg?

Pick any one of, or all of, the following:

1. Why would RocAFella press a record of one of their premiere artists only in Germany? They hadn't up until that point and continued after that point.. so why that one?
2. Why is it the full album but pressed like a promo copy? There were no promo copies for Late Orchestration as it wasn't going for radio play.. so why are these 'commercial' versions that are available, only presented in the promo-only format? From a German distributor?
3. I bought hip-hop records for a local store at the time as did a friend of mine. We were both offered this record from the same German distributor that put out all the other bootlegs we could order ... so why would they be the exclusive distributors of a Kanye record?
4. The same company (I believe) that is behind 99% of today's hip-hop bootlegs were doing the same thing 15 years ago. Stuff like this Kanye record, the Jay-Z Unplugged record, and a bunch of others were all pressed by a group of german bootleggers.

Pick any one of, or all of, the following:

1. Why would RocAFella press a record of one of their premiere artists only in Germany? They hadn't up until that point and continued after that point.. so why that one?
2. Why is it the full album but pressed like a promo copy? There were no promo copies for Late Orchestration as it wasn't going for radio play.. so why are these 'commercial' versions that are available, only presented in the promo-only format? From a German distributor?
3. I bought hip-hop records for a local store at the time as did a friend of mine. We were both offered this record from the same German distributor that put out all the other bootlegs we could order ... so why would they be the exclusive distributors of a Kanye record?
4. The same company (I believe) that is behind 99% of today's hip-hop bootlegs were doing the same thing 15 years ago. Stuff like this Kanye record, the Jay-Z Unplugged record, and a bunch of others were all pressed by a group of german bootleggers.

That somewhat famous youtuber on this forum owns a copy and doesnt think its a bootleg lol you gonna slap him with the education stick

That somewhat famous youtuber on this forum owns a copy and doesnt think its a bootleg lol you gonna slap him with the education stick

I already called him out on it but truth be told, I've seen that kid go from a know nothing on Reddit to a 'famous' youtuber. Dude doesn't know half of what he doesn't know.

gonna post this on the discogs page so somebody doesn't spend $700 on it. 😵

i think you'll be surprised by the measure some people go to justify their stanships.. I've been downvoted a bunch of times on Reddit for pointing this out but nobody wants to hear it. not sure why. in the fact of all the logic and reason, they still believe it to be legit?

i think you'll be surprised by the measure some people go to justify their stanships.. I've been downvoted a bunch of times on Reddit for pointing this out but nobody wants to hear it. not sure why. in the fact of all the logic and reason, they still believe it to be legit?

Cant be hated on to much if your the sub owner tho ;) that ban finger must get itchy sometimes lol

Back