Hip Hop

Are we not in the least bit concerned that it doesn't seem that sic has shipped one vinyl record they've taken for order yet? And they say not pre-orders, yet don't think for another couple weeks?

He has released dozens of releases to "vapor" wave crowd and I have seen the evidence of this.
But you know this already cause I told you a few weeks back it should be fine.

You are so paranoid bout that SIC guy lol :ROFLMAO:

shipping out on or around July 8, 2019 < Wait until this date before you think you might of got scammed atleast lol

the beast coast album I pre-ordered had like a 3 months order time on it or something like that lol july isnt so bad

I transcribed Wild Minks from the new Quelle Chris album on Genius and just got a notification that just Mach-Hommy's verse was deleted due to a DMCA takedown request. Anyone ever heard of that before? Seems pretty silly.

I've seen a lot of posts from artists lately that makes it seem like they think there are pompous know-it-alls that work at Genius and transcribe their lyrics wrong, so they talk shit about how you "shouldn't trust the idiots at Genius." Do you think they really don't understand that it is their fans trying their best to get it right?

I transcribed Wild Minks from the new Quelle Chris album on Genius and just got a notification that just Mach-Hommy's verse was deleted due to a DMCA takedown request. Anyone ever heard of that before? Seems pretty silly.

I've seen a lot of posts from artists lately that makes it seem like they think there are pompous know-it-alls that work at Genius and transcribe their lyrics wrong, so they talk shit about how you "shouldn't trust the idiots at Genius." Do you think they really don't understand that it is their fans trying their best to get it right?

Hahaha woooooooow. @Clint Howard well I guess this confirms what you were saying about Mach lol

Both Mach and Droog recently filed a DMCA claim against Genuis. They said the lyrics were often wrong and didn’t want their lyrics quoted incorrectly. I can understand that but it seems like a bit much to me...

Both Mach and Droog recently filed a DMCA claim against Genuis. They said the lyrics were often wrong and didn’t want their lyrics quoted incorrectly. I can understand that but it seems like a bit much to me...
Do they publish their lyrics somewhere then? Because if it is wrong on Genius, then some of their fans don't know the lyrics...

Edit: Quelle Chris or Mello, whoever, posted all the lyrics on the Bandcamp page, which helped to make sure people got the lyrics right, after we realized they were there.

Reactions: oak
Shows those guys are clearly out of touch if that is their perception. With underground rappers, or whatever you wanna call these guys, the only people that are transcribing the lyrics are fans who are just super excited to really dive in and focus on what they are trying to say.

Putting in a DMCA request that deletes hours of your biggest fans' work is beneficial how?

Reactions: oak
When I was doing a google for the beef between gxfr and mach, I came across this message forum talking about all the gxfr dudes.. and I'm paraphrasing here but one dude described mach hommy perfectly - it's like he writes his raps before he's even heard the beats / production. and if it works? great, if not.. great too. ... it's how he's accidentally dope so many times.

I don't listen to Mach-Hommy but this kinda disrespect towards his fans isn't too shocking given the prices for his merch.
I don’t know...I think he and Droog have every right to want their lyrics presented accurately. And MCs aren’t mandated to have their lyrics transcribed. I think the onus falls on Genius to let people know, “hey don’t upload Droog or Mach lyrics because you’re wasting your time.”

I don’t know...I think he and Droog have every right to want their lyrics presented accurately. And MCs aren’t mandated to have their lyrics transcribed. I think the onus falls on Genius to let people know, “hey don’t upload Droog or Mach lyrics because you’re wasting your time.”
You can't have it both ways, though. You can't want the lyrics to be represented accurately and not supply the version you want. If they supply all of their lyrics online for anyone who wants to listen to their music then it's fine. Otherwise people are going to misunderstand them, they just won't post them on Genius. Or, God forbid, look it up on Genius and find the correct lyrics.

They could also get verified accounts and correct whatever that wanted on Genius if they wanted to interact with their fans. Not surprised about Droog though, he's proud of the fact that he's blocked so many of his fans on Twitter.

You can't have it both ways, though. You can't want the lyrics to be represented accurately and not supply the version you want. If they supply all of their lyrics online for anyone who wants to listen to their music then it's fine. Otherwise people are going to misunderstand them, they just won't post them on Genius. Or, God forbid, look it up on Genius and find the correct lyrics.

They could also get verified accounts and correct whatever that wanted on Genius if they wanted to interact with their fans. Not surprised about Droog though, he's proud of the fact that he's blocked so many of his fans on Twitter.
But you’re acting like Genius is some mandate for rappers. Rap lyrics don’t HAVE to be transcribed. And certainly not on a site that publishes said lyrics for free with little to no return to the artist.

Like I said, it seems like a bit much to me, but they obviously don’t care as much as you do about people being able to read their lyrics. It’s no different to me than film companies not wanting their screenplays posted, for free, online.

But you’re acting like Genius is some mandate for rappers. Rap lyrics don’t HAVE to be transcribed. And certainly not on a site that publishes said lyrics for free with little to no return to the artist.

Like I said, it seems like a bit much to me, but they obviously don’t care as much as you do about people being able to read their lyrics. It’s no different to me than film companies not wanting their screenplays posted, for free, online.
I don't see where you are getting that I think it is a mandate to use Genius. I was saying that if their problem is that lyrics are wrong on Genius, taking them off doesn't solve the problem that their fans still don't know the right lyrics.

Genius doesn't publish lyrics. They let fans/the Genius community post, edit, and moderate them there. If anyone gets paid to do that, it is news to me. I'm sure Genius is at least trying to make money off the site, although I don't know how, and I don't understand why an artist would care since it isn't taking money they could be making unless they want to be assholes and charge extra for their lyrics transcribed.

Edit: If there were CC for music I could get on board with that being the same.

Last edited:
Back