Hip Hop

It's definitely a sad one.

Met that dude back in the day and he was super cool to me. Even signed my 100 Deadliest Karate Moves book.

Overlooked and underrated

View attachment 103748

Absolutely solid cat. Saw him live five times (twice solo; thrice Blackalicious) and met him a couple of those.
Always chill and kind in my experience.

mostly through this new Tyler album. I recognized the WSG and Gravediggaz beats, are there any other recycled beats on the album?

don't think I really cared for any of the songs with features so far with the exception of Manifesto.

Massa was definitely the best song so far.

could do without that 10 minute stretch without Tyler rapping and I'm not even that into Tyler.. luckily seems like it's one track so can be skipped.

ok Juggernaut has features and is aight...

I REALLY like this new Evidence album. Only one listen in so i focused more on the production, but it is a really great record. Super chill. Ended on a highlight, that for me was definitely the best track on the album. Can't wait to really dive into it. The vinyl sounds great too. Standard weight but had zero surface noise. Cool "label" too where it's a couple puzzle pieces direct printed to each side of the vinyl. No paper at all, just printed on puzzle pieces on to the shiny black vinyl.

Not quite as stong as you both but had to come back for this. Modified it and going to make it a Stankonia - ATLiens - 36 Chambers quarter and that's hard to pass up

oh good call with Stankonia. Forgot about that. I was considering doing a 3 month with MIA, ATLiens, and 36 Chambers. Possibly adding Public Enemy. All a terrible idea. I hated my new job so it’s back to broke city.

oh good call with Stankonia. Forgot about that. I was considering doing a 3 month with MIA, ATLiens, and 36 Chambers. Possibly adding Public Enemy. All a terrible idea. I hated my new job so it’s back to broke city.
For sure. Stankonia isn't my top OutKast album but with the prospect of having Southern and ATL I figured I had to complete the collection. The only thing I'm worried about is over sales on any of the tracks so not sure if I should be changing over to hip Hop next month and then back to Essentials or if I should just stay in Essentials and swap over to ATL next month.

Also sorry about the job. It was written doesn't ship until Sept so I can check in then if you still wanted the tape. If not, no worries at all

Back