Golf?

wow o_O

I play with a few pretty good players, maybe around 4 to 8 caps. Low single digit caps is amazing golf to me. When someone is that close to scratch, it's fun to watch. And they sure make for fun 'A' players on a scramble team!
I play with some guys that are really great occasionally, and I realize there is so much difference between them and me. My good shots can be as good as theirs, but their bad shots are not nearly as bad. My buddy has been to +4 at times, one of the best players in Oregon.

My buddy has been to +4 at times
Damn, that's great golf. Probably not many holes in his game.

Sometimes I can play an entire round with nary a penalty or lost ball, and still be at like 95. So all the safe drives and decent approaches in the world don't mean much when a missed green turns into an iffy greenside chip that turns into a two or three putt.

Damn, that's great golf. Probably not many holes in his game.

Sometimes I can play an entire round with nary a penalty or lost ball, and still be at like 95. So all the safe drives and decent approaches in the world don't mean much when a missed green turns into an iffy greenside chip that turns into a two or three putt.
He likes to tell me as he's watching me play - "you have the worst course management". And I have to tell him I was trying to hit it where he said, I'm just not that good. :ROFLMAO:

I was down to a 4 at one point too. It's so hard going out and playing as a 10 right now, but I just don't spend the time to improve. I'm just trying to enjoy being out there and hitting the occasional great shot.
Ugh, I feel this struggle so much. I have been better at tempering my current expectations, but the desire to get back to there or better still exists.

One of my best friends is still around a scratch, and we have another guy on our team that is right there too. It's fun to play with them, it's also fun the few times a year when I catch them with a good round. :D

Ugh, I feel this struggle so much. I have been better at tempering my current expectations, but the desire to get back to there or better still exists.

One of my best friends is still around a scratch, and we have another guy on our team that is right there too. It's fun to play with them, it's also fun the few times a year when I catch them with a good round. :D
It's super hard to temper expectations. You hit a couple good shots and you get full of yourself, then it all goes downhill!

It's super hard to temper expectations. You hit a couple good shots and you get full of yourself, then it all goes downhill!
It’s so true. I always say, if you did it once, then you can do it every time. Like, I’ve gotten a par on every hole on my home course, birdies on at least 1/3 of them. But, having that round where you just par them all...it seems impossible.

It’s so true. I always say, if you did it once, then you can do it every time. Like, I’ve gotten a par on every hole on my home course, birdies on at least 1/3 of them. But, having that round where you just par them all...it seems impossible.
I totally get this. My problem is the bad holes. I can have lots of good ones, just seem to explode a time or two these days.

Had to say no to 18 holes at 1:30 today with some close friends. It's been an absolutely beautiful stretch here in MI to kick off spring, it was so difficult to say no.
Aww man, that sucks... wish I could take a break and go for at least 9 today. Hoping to go this Saturday with my wife and goof around a bit. It’ll be her second time!

Had to say no to 18 holes at 1:30 today with some close friends. It's been an absolutely beautiful stretch here in MI to kick off spring, it was so difficult to say no.
Too bad! I'm hoping to get out soon, we're just dealing with inconsistent weather right now. I lean more toward fair weather golfer when I'm not playing much.

I lean more toward fair weather golfer when I'm not playing much.
I get that. Our Sunday tee-time was 7:45, but the frost delay lasted until 10:20. That's definitely a major drawback to late winter/early spring golf.

What is everyone's golf ball of choice?
I don't get too spendy, but don't buy low end either. For a couple seasons now I've been going with Srixon Soft-Feel.
22 bucks a dozen, and Amazon Prime brings them to my porch in two days. Maybe I'm not good enough where the brand makes a big difference, but sometimes it's such a part of the mental game. A few good rounds with a certain brand makes me want to stick with it.

I get that. Our Sunday tee-time was 7:45, but the frost delay lasted until 10:20. That's definitely a major drawback to late winter/early spring golf.

I don't get too spendy, but don't buy low end either. For a couple seasons now I've been going with Srixon Soft-Feel.
22 bucks a dozen, and Amazon Prime brings them to my porch in two days. Maybe I'm not good enough where the brand makes a big difference, but sometimes it's such a part of the mental game. A few good rounds with a certain brand makes me want to stick with it.

Usually whatever second hand balls I get from my grandpa's "Used" bucket when I visit him. Speaking of, my supply is getting a little low since I haven't seen them because of covid.

I hear the Costco brand Kirkland balls are actually really good for the price. My brother in law is gonna pick me up some next time he's there.

I’m on the “whatever left over balls I find on the course” brand 😅

1616679562922.png

About a buck a ball on lostgolfballs.com

Attachments

• 1616679509361.png
    1616679509361.png
    663.3 KB · Views: 0

I go with the Callaway Chrome soft. Partially because I like them, partially because supporting a friend, and occasionally some fall my way. Great feel.

I typically go between Titleist Pro-V1x and Srixon Z-Star, although I have tried most balls out there. (Another bonus of having a brother that is a teaching pro) The one I have not yet tried that I do really want to is the Vice Pro Plus. For doing a "direct-to-consumer" buying model, it means their stuff is very reasonable across the board.

Incidentally, if you are looking for golf balls, this is absolutely the time of year to buy them. Most of the major companies put out new balls every year, which means a lot of stores will sell off "last year's" ball at a discount. There is no difference between them from year to year for the most part. Last month, I grabbed a box of band new Z-Stars for literally half the price.

Back