Fresh Grabs

HOLY SHIT I GOT MAIL!!!
(The saga had been unfolding over in the deals thread)

Looks like yesterday's got in somehow. The week and a half backlog is still at the depot awaiting guaranteed building access, which should be up and running today, meaning everhthing else should be here tomorrow!

This is from my semi-local (Audiopile over in Vancouver):
20231207_113224.jpg

Portishead, Green-House, GZA and Joell Ortiz & L'Orange are all things I picked up over the past few weeks (Audiopile lets you build your orders up to the free shipping threshold, so I often have an in-progress pile there.)

Red Hot + Ra was one of @scotthilk's annual RSD Black Friday PIFsgiving PIFs - I was drawn after he'd gone out for the day so he reimbursed my purchase here.

And Bell Biv Devoe was a fantastic PIF from @cashew, who happened to be up in Vancouver just after PIFsgiving, and the cats at Audiopile were cool with tossing his PIF into my free shipping pile - which is top notch above and beyond service!

@zomgbear should have won the quickest cross-border PIF game, but sadly Madlib got sucked into the postal vortex of the past week and a half - so I'm still anxiously awaiting that one!

HOLY SHIT I GOT MAIL!!!
(The saga had been unfolding over in the deals thread)

Looks like yesterday's got in somehow. The week and a half backlog is still at the depot awaiting guaranteed building access, which should be up and running today, meaning everhthing else should be here tomorrow!

This is from my semi-local (Audiopile over in Vancouver):
View attachment 189836

Portishead, Green-House, GZA and Joell Ortiz & L'Orange are all things I picked up over the past few weeks (Audiopile lets you build your orders up to the free shipping threshold, so I often have an in-progress pile there.)

Red Hot + Ra was one of @scotthilk's annual RSD Black Friday PIFsgiving PIFs - I was drawn after he'd gone out for the day so he reimbursed my purchase here.

And Bell Biv Devoe was a fantastic PIF from @cashew, who happened to be up in Vancouver just after PIFsgiving, and the cats at Audiopile were cool with tossing his PIF into my free shipping pile - which is top notch above and beyond service!

@zomgbear should have won the quickest cross-border PIF game, but sadly Madlib got sucked into the postal vortex of the past week and a half - so I'm still anxiously awaiting that one!

Many thumbs up to the Audiopile folks. I probably sold dropping that record off in the most awkward way possible. But they were very accommodating.

OK no more records for the rest of the year besides the stuff still coming - which is a lot (STARES INTENSELY AT THE DECEMBER CALENDAR)

20231207_181547.jpg
Sound of Vinyl Batch (Clockwise from top left)
Andrea Bocelli - Romanza
Amy Winehouse - Live at Glastonbury 2007
The Beach Boys - Sounds of Summer
Jackson 5 - Greatest Hits
PJ Harvey & John Parish - A Woman A Man Walked By

20231207_181647.jpg
Walmart Batch
Michael Jackson - Thriller 40th Anniversary
Nas - Illmatic XX
Wu-Tang Clan - Enter The Wu-Tang

20231207_181845.jpg
I bought Handsome Boy Modeling School - White People on RSD, Istanbul 70 Vol. I-VI Psych, Disco, Folk Edits by Baris K is a RSD BF release

20231207_181805.jpg
Some lovely PIFs from @Mack37 :
Madlib - History Of The Loop Digga, 1990-2000
Madlib - Beat Konducta In Africa

From @djdavedk :
The White Stripes - White Blood Cells

20231207_181931.jpg

Some expensive pickups....
Teresa Teng - 鄧麗君 15週年
The Seatbelts – Cowboy Bebop (Netflix iam8bit Limited Edition)

OK I can explain myself, for the Teresa Teng, my cousin was visiting Taiwan and picked this up for me (brought it back)
The furry Cowboy Bebop record was on the netflix shop for $160 but on sale for $112 on the Shop app they multiplied my "shop cash" and it ended up being $88 after taxes so why not?

25% off at the número group warehouse sale. the AmAnSet box hasn’t been announced yet! sold my OG c-clamp LP a year ago knowing this was in the works so it’s nice to be reunited
View attachment 189962
I just picked up that box set from my local. Even not on sale 3x LPs and a book for a little over $40 feels like a steal. I paid about as much for the recent Hum reissue (that should land today if all goes according to plan).

Got home from Warren Haynes Xmas Jam at 3:30am and there was a heavy package waiting. "Must be all those outer sleeves I ordered", I thought and crashed.

Enjoyed a recovery day via couch and football and just retreated to the music bunker to crack it open.

Not sleeves but quite fittingly the 10LP Allman Brothers 50th Anniversary Box I got from SOV for about $120 after using some points.

This is a big set, but it was still way heavier than 10LPs and a book should be. Wasn't sure why.

I found out why.

That wood look box that holds the goods - it's real freakin' wood.

20231211_002046.jpg

Got home from Warren Haynes Xmas Jam at 3:30am and there was a heavy package waiting. "Must be all those outer sleeves I ordered", I thought and crashed.

Enjoyed a recovery day via couch and football and just retreated to the music bunker to crack it open.

Not sleeves but quite fittingly the 10LP Allman Brothers 50th Anniversary Box I got from SOV for about $120 after using some points.

This is a big set, but it was still way heavier than 10LPs and a book should be. Wasn't sure why.

I found out why.

That wood look box that holds the goods - it's real freakin' wood.

View attachment 190137
Holy shit! That's wild. A true bargain! ;)

Update:
I received my Plaid Room Records order today.
My Mello Music Group order shipped today.
Waiting on my PE record from Urban Legends.

20231211_153827.jpg

So is anyone else having the kind of luck I'm having with ordering Records lately?

First, my copy of Prince - Diamonds and Pearls was smashed. (They have refunded the money)

Next, Urban Legends sent me The Roots - Rising Down, instead of the Public Enemy record that I had ordered. I've gotten the run around from customer service, sent it back today, we'll see what happens.

Then I've ordered some records from Mello Music on Oct. 25th, they still haven't shipped. The customer support email doesn't seem to work.

And, I ordered RSDBF stuff from Plaid Room Records that hasn't shipped yet either.
🥺

A bit of good luck today. When I got home from graduation commencement and got to see off some of my favorite students, I found a package on my doorstep that I'd been eagerly awaiting.

Porcupine Tree - Closure/Continuation. Live. Amsterdam 07/11/22
But to top that off, I was one of the lucky ones who they threw a signed art card in my shipment 🤩
IMG_20231212_160241.jpg

Fresh grabs...

Another Blue Note Classic for a title I've been after for some time.
1215231227_HDR.jpg

And what I think is the definitive version of WYWH, granted I've never heard the Half Speed Mastered vinyl pressing. But when listening to Floyd I need a pitch black noise floor. Any minor surface noise just distracts from the experience, imo.

1215231227.jpg

Back