Fresh Grabs

Ok, weird but on all my other mono records there's not a playback issue, including that Organ Grinder above, Miles Relaxin, Coltrane MFT etc..
However, on the Contemporary stuff I do get the distortion at the higher end for the first time during playback.

Looks like there is a simple double y cord trick that works well.
I'll give it a shot. Thanks for the advice.

View attachment 146607
There are some nice, hand made, well reviewed, affordable, passive mono switch boxes here if your interested.

Absolutely gone out of control over the last few weeks. These 3 stacks are probably half of it.

C623A46F-0851-4572-AD75-2B52FA7D8C69.jpeg

Too many for me to bother taking snaps of now (been posting in the What’s Spinning thread as I go). Been grabbing lots of og pressings of 90s and some 00s hip hop. Filling in some funk/soul holes in the collection. The vinyl deals thread got me a couple of times too. And a bunch of other finds that I couldn’t pass up.

But my favorite is this:
C959E3C9-9B8D-43E2-A69F-AE88C90674B8.jpeg

Can’t wait to hear this in surround sound 😂

Probably headed for a multi month no-buy or at least one-in-one-out.

Some Mondo pickups from San Diego Comic Con:

Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla 2. Haven't had a chance to take this one out yet. I've been picking up all their Godzilla releases as they come out, so it was nice to get this exclusive at to add to my collection. It was limited to 2000 - I'd imagine it didn't sell out and will be available online.

1658780435715.png

The Batman Score - limited to 500, love the packaging on this one. Came in a sealed "To The Batman" envelope which is a great tie in to the movie itself. Although it's gonna be a pain in the ass to store.

1658780579021.png

And then the "Spice of Aarakis" edition of the Dune Sketchbook, which is extended versions of the themes in the soundtrack. Also limited to 500, the colors on the vinyl (different shades of sand) look great. And the music is just exceptional on it as well, the first one I've had a chance to dig into (no pun intended)

1658781002821.png

Back