Fresh Grabs

Stopped by Amoeba over the weekend. I was going to wait to stream the new Fly Lo to decide if i needed or not, but they only had 2 copies left of their exclusive so I took the plunge.

I heard good things about the Rhino reissue it Marquee Moon and found this blue vinyl edition that includes bonus tracks. A little spendy but I went for it.

So, I haven’t been able to post in a little bit here because of the, now fixed, image size dealio. And I have been on a very successful diet.

Since the new forum I’ve gotten:
Experience Unlimited
Camp Lo
Belle and Sebastian - The Life Pursuit
Sufjan Stevens - Illinois
Weyes Blood - Titanic Rising
Manchester Orchestra/Grouplove/Frightend Rabbit EP

I got the awesome pleasure to go digging with @feesrevenge and we both got some great items.

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis - The Heist.

I’m actually quite impressed with the packing, quality of the art prints and the color of the vinyl. I mean, I know it’s Macklemore but, they put effort into this box set. Plus...can’t beat $10.

View attachment 2812
That colour!! :love:

Some goodness from over the weekend.

Art Pepper ‎– Friday Night At The Village Vanguard (Contemporary 1980)
Bill Evans - More From The Vanguard (Milestone, 1984)
Miles Davis - Hot Lips (Tobacco Road, 1985)

Soul Slabs - Vol. 2 (Colemine RSD 2019)

I've been sucked into the Colemine rabbit hole after seeing their stuff pop up on the pre-orders sub a lot. The Colemine thread isn't helping either!! Decided to pick this up as there seems to be a ton of music on here and hopefully it will help me pick out some favorites to look into!

The White Stripes - My Doorbell / Same Boy You've Always Known (Live) (XL Recordings 2008)
Picked up this red pressing cheap, been revisiting the White Stripes lately and have a real treat on its way to me!

Lionel Hampton ‎– The Hampton Boy (Felstead 1957)

A 50p single pick up. Hampton was a jazz vibraphonist, drummer and pianist. Worth picking up for the price.

As Serious As Your Life: Black Music and the Free Jazz Revolution, 1957–1977 - Val Wilmer
I have been meaning to read this for a while and I actually had a copy that I misplaced. Wilmer focuses on jazz greats such as Ornette Coleman, John Coltrane, Albert Ayler, Sun Ra, to build a narrative of how black music established itself in American history.

Beneath The Underdog - Charles Mingus
Autobiography by the famous Charles Mingus himself.

Something from my one of my favourite cult bands, fronted by Martin Newell and including Giles Smith (whose book about this band is well worth reading) featuring one of my top songs, A Mercury Girl
Cleaners from Venus - Living With Victoria Grey

And two bits of Belgian jazz via @Skalap recommendations
Placebo - Placebo (no, not that Placebo)
Black Flower - Future Flora (immense title track)
20190528_185626.jpg

Last edited:
Something from my one of my favourite cult bands, fronted by Martin Newell and including Giles Smith (whose book about this band is well worth reading) featuring one of my top songs, A Mercury Girl
Cleaners from Venus - Living With Victoria Grey

And two bits of Belgian jazz via @Skalap recommendations
Placebo - Placebo (no, not that Placebo)
Black Flower - Future Flora (immense title track)
View attachment 3088

:love::love::love: Great grabs, as usual!

FlyLo finally showed up! Been hard to not stream the album since Friday (admittedly I listened to a few of the beginning tracks). Can’t wait to spin it after work.
8GtQPdD.jpg

The Sidewinder is the Analogue Productions 45rpm copy. Has some of those infamous marks that don’t effect playback so I was able to get it cheaper than the current market value.

I just got myself a good one...
This is Koyoto all girl punk band Otoboke Beaver’s album “Itekoma Hits”. Their music is super high energy similar vibe to Blood Brothers. This is their “tour only” variant limited to 300 copies. Though, I picked it up from their Bandcamp page (last I checked there was still about 20 copies still available).

I just got myself a good one...
View attachment 3113
This is Koyoto all girl punk band Otoboke Beaver’s album “Itekoma Hits”. Their music is super high energy similar vibe to Blood Brothers. This is their “tour only” variant limited to 300 copies. Though, I picked it up from their Bandcamp page (last I checked there was still about 20 copies still available).
Found out about them just after they played live near me. Gutted to miss them.

Just got a few things in the mail today.

First is this PIF from @EmeryRK. Thanks!

SmartSelect_20190528-124626_Gallery.jpg

Then I got this Conway Blakk Tape from Vinyl Digital. Not the greatest packaging, so there's a small crease on the jacket, but I'll survive. Haven't opened it, yet, but it should be the splatter vinyl

SmartSelect_20190528-124643_Gallery.jpg

Now this was one of the worst packed/shipped albums I've ever come across. It survived with little more thsn a scuffed up corner (hopefully), only because it's a hefty boxset. It was also a crazy ebay deal, but still... yikes!!!

It came in a huge beat up box with absolutely zero packing inside. It just rattled around getting knocked.

SmartSelect_20190528-124654_Gallery.jpg
SmartSelect_20190528-130438_Gallery.jpg
SmartSelect_20190528-130421_Gallery.jpg

Just got a few things in the mail today.

First is this PIF from @EmeryRK. Thanks!

View attachment 3131

Then I got this Conway Blakk Tape from Vinyl Digital. Not the greatest packaging, so there's a small crease on the jacket, but I'll survive. Haven't opened it, yet, but it should be the splatter vinyl

View attachment 3133

Now this was one of the worst packed/shipped albums I've ever come across. It survived with little more thsn a scuffed up corner (hopefully), only because it's a hefty boxset. It was also a crazy ebay deal, but still... yikes!!!

It came in a huge beat up box with absolutely zero packing inside. It just rattled around getting knocked.

View attachment 3134
View attachment 3135
View attachment 3136
Damn! Though it might be the perfect decoy to prevent porch piracy. I mean who’d wanna steal a box that looks like it might have “free puppies” written on the other side of it.

Damn! Though it might be the perfect decoy to prevent porch piracy. I mean who’d wanna steal a box that looks like it might have “free puppies” written on the other side of it.

I answered the door quick and my mailman was standing there telling me he was happy that I was home and that, "this guy didn't play by the rules," while pointing to the fucked up box. He said it felt like someone just through some records in there and he hoped it was alright. I have a cooler that he puts my stuff in, generally, and this wasn't going to fit. I let him know that I have a surprise record coming for him. I hope VMP finally gets that Gertrude Morgan out to me.

Back