Fresh Grabs

so i got my org music mystery bundle:

'not bad, not great' is my initial reaction. worth $25 bucks? ehhhhh. at least it's something i don't have from them.

edit: HAHA WHAT

7BF0399C-40C6-4C91-B864-641BCD8DE340.jpeg

In the mailbox today is some Odesza. Couldn't not have this lined up.

20200424_152123-01h0kn1.jpeg

edit: An unexpected (but utterly welcome) second arrival!

20200424_162848-01pfjhu.jpeg

Lord Huron - Lonesome Dreams (Blue Smoke vinyl)

View attachment 278
Lord Huron...

tenorccj4e.gif

Jealous of that coloured vinyl but thankful for the reminder in general. Nice picks!

Edit: Have no idea how I ended up browsing a year ago but the sentiment still stands!

Last edited:
A fantastic set has arrived over the past few day. Really excited for these.

Lee Morgan - Delightfulee (Blue Note, 1967 First Stereo Pressing)
George Lewis And His New Orleans Stompers - S/T (Blue Note, 1958 First Pressing - Signed)
Charlie Parker, Miles Davis ‎– Grande Réserve Savoy N°4 (Savoy, 1959 First Pressing)
The Gentle Giant: The Autobiography of Yusef Lateef by Yusef Lateed with Herb Boyd

Delightfulee has been on my want list for ages. Its primarily a quintet set-up (with Joe Henderson on sax) but has 2 tracks which were arranged by Oliver Nelson and includes a big-band (with Wayne Shorter, Philly Joe Jones, etc). One of these tracks is a version of the Beatles 'Yesterday' which is unusual but great.
I have been watching the Ken Burns Jazz documentaries and ordered the George Lewis And His New Orleans Stompers album to get a hit of New Orleans jazz. Interestingly, it's signed although I am struggling to work out each name (if anyone recognises them it would be a big help and much appreciated if you could share!)
The Grande Réserve Savoy N°4 appears to be somewhat of a rarity, and this copy is in superb shape. It collates recording sessions from Charlie Parker during the time when Miles Davis was part of the group. There are 2 sessions here that are not released anywhere else.
Finally another book. The Gentle Giant is one I have been after for ages now. When it does pop up its usually for a crazy amount (£40+) and I was never going to spend that amount on it. Luckily I found this copy online for a much much cheaper price. Im happy to finally read it!

IMG_6276.JPG
IMG_6277.jpg

This is an incredible package, congrats dude! I have the RSD picture disc of the Gravediggaz (not the best audio quality) but would much prefer the standard copy!

Interestingly for me, I hardly ever see the Gryce/Brown 10" posted. I got a copy late last year. I was bidding on another copy (which had scratches but a nice sleeve) on ebay but it sold for an eye-watering £155. I jumped over on discogs and bought the last copy for £10. The sleeve is a bit rough but the record is in great shape, I actually posted about it here:

Thanks! I got the picture disc as well (don't know if i'll keep it) but i kinda got it under protest because i was a little salty that they finally did a repress and it's a picture disc haha

I added it to my Discogs waitlist after you posted it on Instagram :) Don't think i've ever seen it for sale in that time. I was after the Thelonious Monk and i checked to see what else he had and he had Gryce/Brown in VG+/VG+ condition for £12. Couldn't pass that up.

Yea! I got this and my copy of Swimming yesterday. I didn't really need Swimming since I have it on regular ol black vinyl...but I love that record so will probably sell the black copy.
I didn’t get Swimming since I already owned it as well, but I’m anxiously awaiting my copy of Divine Feminine.
My order still shows a shipping date of mid May, but this will hold me over.

I didn’t get Swimming since I already owned it as well, but I’m anxiously awaiting my copy of Divine Feminine.
My order still shows a shipping date of mid May, but this will hold me over.
I have the UO alt cover copy of Divine Feminine already (found it at my local UO once in the sale bin for $15 awhile back) so I ended up not getting that one.

I have the UO alt cover copy of Divine Feminine already (found it at my local UO once in the sale bin for $15 awhile back) so I ended up not getting that one.
Damn, that’s a crazy find. I had something similar happen with Rihanna’s Anti, where I found it in the sale bin of my local Urban.

Back