Fresh Grabs

Kinda went nuts at Rainy Day and Hi-Voltage yesterday. I purchased several new albums but these used ones were the highlights.
View attachment 198546

Wild Tchuoupitoulas, ODB, and The `Mats are all original pressings. The Allman Bros is obviously the MoFi. All in excellent condition.
Holy shit!

Scored my lady a book she’s been wanting today. Our 25 year anniversary was on Wednesday. Record shown for scale, this tome is massive! FB marketplace deal took since January!

View attachment 199093View attachment 199094
Congrats. 28 for us in the fall. Our trip next week is a delayed 25th anniversary trip, but can’t remember what caused the delay.

Beyoncé album is 🔥
Did you get the LP? It seems some tracks have been left off (as well, I see some complaints about barebone packaging - eg no tracklisting).

I do agree, though, fire album. I've got Hi-res files for now and it sounds great. I've gotten all of her releases since the '13 S/T on both vinyl and CD but I may just stick to Hi-res for this or maybe CD only.

I am excited to see what she does for act III and, of course, become more acquainted with act II.

As an overall experience, I prefer act I as it feels like a cohesive sound and singular statement, which I love in albums. Act II feels more like a collection of songs (albeit great ones). However, act II shows off her vocal chops more, IMHO, than Renaissance, as the music is less busy and there is more breathing room for her vocals.

Back