Fresh Grabs

Just ran a spare needle over to a buddy's house and, in addition to paying me for the needle, he tossed these babies my way.

View attachment 185086

Nothing too fancy and certainly not in collector shape, but very fine listening copies that I'm keen to have about!
That Brubeck is awesome
Dude, that Brubeck is so fucking good. People don't believe me when I say Dave Brubeck's disney album is a heater but it's really really really good.

I got the Analog Spark pressing a few years back and spin it incessantly.

Grabs over the last few weeks:

First up, DJ Quik's record from the late 90's (excellent pressing), Who's Next (MOV pressing), Roisin Murphy's latest in deluxe edition (a surprisingly great pressing considering the colored vinyl) and a Blue Note Classics with Lonnie Smith's Turning Point (also excellent pressing).

IMG_0507.JPG

Now for some expensive stuff. The Revolver may go back to Amazon because it's a bit noisy into the opening notes of each side, but I haven't decided yet and The White Stripes I already talked about in the Definitive Audiophile Pressings thread (I really really like it and I feel it's a clear step up from the previous version I had).

IMG_0508.JPG

Finally, Nicolas Jaar's Space Is Only Noise in 10th anniversary 2x45rpm reissue. This definitely beats my original pressing sonically (even if that one is pretty good all things considered), but there is one knock - it's missing an excellent key track right at the heart of the album that had to be removed for copyright reasons. Then, there is the latest by the Uni Boys, a current power pop band I really like.

IMG_0509.JPG

Last edited:
Was looking for Jimmy Edgar's Access Rhythm 12" and found it at Ear Candy - along with a bunch of other Jimmy Edgar stuff
20231021_154201.jpg
Top left clockwise:
Kristuit Salu - My Mines I 12" (Early Jimmy Edgar Alias)
Jimmy Edgar - Access Rhythm 12"
Detroit Underground Part 6 12" (features Jimmy Edgar, Richard Devine, Kero etc)
Jimmy Edgar - Bounce Make Model
Plus Device - Body Heat 12" (It's a mysterious duo but half is Jimmy Edgar)
Morris Nightingale - My Mines I 12" (Early Jimmy Edgar Alias)

20231021_154426.jpg
Top Left clockwise:
Deceptikon - Mythology Of The Metropolis 12" (Ear candy gave me this as a bonus)
The Cyclist - Bones In Motion
Justice - Cross (this one is not from Ear Candy - it's from VMP).
Clark - Edits 12"

20231021_160125.jpg
Left to right:
Lonnie Liston Smith & the Cosmic Echoes - Cosmic Funk
Tom Tom Club - S/T
Lovage - Music to Make Love to Your Old Lady By
Lonnie & Tom Tom are from Real Gone & Lovage is from TurntableLab.

Last edited:
Back