Fresh Grabs

Deliveries from today/past weekend...

Mort Garson - Plantasia
Drugdealers- Raw Honey
Joy Division - Unknown Pleasure
Jeff Tweedy - Warm/Warmer
View attachment 9490
“Plantasia” is the Sacred Bones Exclusive with the solid green colored variant and a tip on sleeve.

“Raw Honey” is the the Mexican Summer Exclusive in a honey gold variant and a tip on sleeve

“Unknown Pleasure” is the Rhino 40th Anniversary edition (it states “Limited” but supposedly over 30k were pressed) it’s a ruby red variant with a transposed and textured cover

“Warm/Warmer” is the deluxe reissue of Tweedy’s latest “Warm” packaged in a textured book-style gatefold Jacket that also includes the RSD release “Warmer” along with an additional bonus song.

If these all end up sounding as great as they look aesthetically I am in for quite a pleasant afternoon.
I grabbed Plantasia and the Tweedy. Haven't had a chance to listen to Tweedy yet but the packaging is awesome. And Plantasia sounds pretty good for something that was remastered from a vinyl pressing!

These grabs are @Skalap fault. However, looking at everything he grabbed from fnac, I got off easy 😂

I still can't believe I got this 7LP Ray Charles Box-set for only €43 🤯 Just finished spinning the first record and it sounds phenomenal 🥰
View attachment 8933

Btw, they came in a ridiculously big box 🤣
View attachment 8934

After seeing all those random big amazon boxes, being empty besides the record, I got worried they might have gotten damaged, but luckily they packed well... although maybe a bit more bubblewrap would have been good...View attachment 8935
How is that Larry Young record?

Slowing down a little bit. The latest tone poet arrived. The quality and detail of these releases are definitely most bang for your buck of any of the recent jazz reissues. Too bad VMP couldn’t follow their lead.

View attachment 9501
The VMP pressings are amazing quality. Sadly every other aspect of them is not great.

I love the Tone Poets. I've picked up 3 so far (Chick Corea, Shorter and Lee Morgan Cornbread) with Baby Face Willette and Andrew Hill's Black Fire on the way. I might go for Clubhouse at some point.

@whiskeychaser84 I just finished side A (or “outside” as it’s listed here) of the 40th anniversary Unknown Pleasure and while I only have the digital files to compare with, I am very happy with what I’ve heard. It’s crisp and dynamic with nice heavy bass lines and little to no static. It had me goth dancing around my music room. It’s pretty much what I was hoping for; an essential album done well both in packaging and sound for around $20. I would go for it if you’re on the fence.

@whiskeychaser84 I just finished side A (or “outside” as it’s listed here) of the 40th anniversary Unknown Pleasure and while I only have the digital files to compare with, I am very happy with what I’ve heard. It’s crisp and dynamic with nice heavy bass lines and little to no static. It had me goth dancing around my music room. It’s pretty much what I was hoping for; an essential album done well both in packaging and sound for around $20. I would go for it if you’re on the fence.

Ordered! I desperately need to make amends for my lack of Joy Division. All I've got is the Western Works bootleg, which while amazing is not as good as Ian in full swing.

How is that Larry Young record?

I was really impressed by my first listen. Honestly, I've never really gotten into Larry Young, but he's been growing on me and this might be the best I've heard from him yet. Plus you get a great booklet and some very beautiful archival pictures from Jean Piere Lenoir and Francis Wolff in postcard format.

Deliveries from the last couple days.

The latest Tone Poet releases.
Both are ace 👌
TUmbGlL.jpg

Been meaning to pick this one up for a hot minute and couldn’t resist it for a little under $40.
sgimKmW.jpg

And finally landed a nice NM-/VG+ press of this monumental album. Believe this is the 1977 Japanese King’s press.
pSIDFBh.jpg

Deliveries from the last couple days.

The latest Tone Poet releases.
Both are ace 👌
TUmbGlL.jpg

Been meaning to pick this one up for a hot minute and couldn’t resist it for a little under $40.
sgimKmW.jpg

And finally landed a nice NM-/VG+ press of this monumental album. Believe this is the 1977 Japanese King’s press.
pSIDFBh.jpg

Mono masters is sooooooooooo good!

Back