Fresh Grabs

Monophonics - Sage Motel
Dojo Cuts feat. Carlton Jumel Smith - Here We Are

Many years ago I stayed at a very weird hotel in San Francisco that is part of a recording studio and the room had a record player, but no records or speakers... It was literally just there for decoration.

The Miles Davis Quintet - Relaxin' With The Miles Davis Quintet (Prestige, 2022 Craft One-Step Small Batch Pressing)

A fantastic pressing, this copy is absolutely stunning. No issues at all, I'm really happy with it!

IMG_9297.JPG

Don Rendell / Ian Carr Quintet - Shades Of Blue (Columbia, 2019 Jazzman Pressing)
The Howard Roberts Quartet - Emma (His Master's Voice, 1956? 7" Single-Sided Test Pressing)

There's been lots of chat about this album over on the jazz thread and funnily enough, I had put the order in for this one last week! I haven't seen it readily available for a while now but Banquet appeared to have it in stock so I gambled and it paid off. This completes my collection of the Don Rendell / Ian Carr Quintet albums, with 4 out of the 5 being original pressings. I can't see myself being able to get an original pressing of Shades anytime soon so I settled on this Jazzman reissue. Finally, a real oddity in a single-sided 7" pressing of the Howard Roberts Quartet (featuring Victor Feldman) which doesn't appear to have ever been commercially released on vinyl.

IMG_9298.JPG

Holy shit that’s incredible? What is Whatnot?
It’s an App where people live auction stuff. I have bought from a couple vinyl sellers.

It’s more dangerous than eBay. And you don’t get Media Mail options, it’s Priority. $8 for first LP, $1 each after. At least where I bought.

Last edited:
Back