Fresh Grabs

Received some records today.
The Mariah Carey "Butterfly" and "Rainbow" albums on black vinyl from jpc.
And Nine Inch Nails "With teeth" for a decent price from the German Universal Music Store/Bravado. They often still have some records/sometimes even exclusives that are sold out elsewhere. Wanted to pick this up after reading @Mather 's praise for this record a few months ago.

IMG_20210212_140425.jpg

The binge continues...no buy March here I come.

Makaya's tribute to Gil Scott Heron's classic and The Notwist - Vertigo Days which really is an early contender for album of the year for me. Highly recommend this album.
IMG_20210212_145300.jpg

Blink-182's best album, at least the one I like the most. This one is KPG in the deadwax so I'm pretty stoked about that.

Finally pg.lost has really impressed me. It's post-rock which sounds a lot like the rest. I always felt that this never was a bad thing. Happy Friday everyone!
IMG_20210212_145225.jpg

Nice bundle of music-related bits arrived over the past few days.

Group Sounds Four & Five ‎– Black & White Raga (Jazz In Britain, 2021 First Limited Pressing)
Nina Simone ‎– Little Girl Blue (Bethlehem, 1959 First Mono Pressing)
Frederick Knight - I've Been Lonely For So Long (Stax, 2021 VMP Classics Pressing)
Tom Waits ‎– The Heart Of Saturday Night (Asylum Records, 1974 First German Pressing)

A fantastic mix here. The @britprogjazz 'Black And White Raga' arrived this morning and I can't wait to listen on vinyl, it's a fantastic session! I very nearly bought the Nina Simone AP from the VMP store but found this first pressing gem for an absolute bargain! To finish off we have the VMP Classic and a Tom Waits record that I thought I had but was actually missing.

IMG_8262.JPG

Jazz Voices by Kitty Grimes (Quartet Books, 1983)
Crescendo Jazz Magazine Bundle - Complete 1968

A few more bits to read. The Kitty Grimes is a collection of snippets from hundreds of interviews with jazz greats. Crescendo was a long-running jazz magazine that was unique in the sense that they hired current jazz musicians to write articles and provide commentary. Just skimming through and there are articles by Gerry Mulligan, Buddy Rich, Bill Evans, Dave Brubeck etc.

IMG_8260.JPG

View attachment 87918
Cannonball Adderly - Somethin’ Else
Joe Henderson- Page One
Kishi Bashi - Never Ending Dream

The first two albums are part of the Blue Notes Classics series, the Kishi Bashi 7” I evidently ordered months ago and had completely forgotten about it. Cool screen printing on when flip side.
View attachment 87920
The Kishi is what my mystery package is!!!

edit: maybe since my order status is unfulfilled but it’s the only thing that makes sense from Indianapolis.

IMG_3871.jpg
Soft Kill - Dead Kids R.I.P. City Crack Cloud variant
Tears For Fears - Songs From the Big Chair Canadian press, gatefold w/ 26 pg booklet. I love the look of this album without the title on the cover
Django Django - Glowing In the Dark Glow in the Dark variant, signed sleeve
Neil Young - Fork In the Road Found this on Amazon through a secondary seller, sealed, for $35!
The Dismemberment Plan - Emergency & I 2011 two disc reissue
Foo Fighters - There Is Nothing Left To Lose Probably my favorite of theirs
David Bowie - Blackstar RTI pressing
Steven Wilson - The Future Bites Signed cover
Deafheaven - 10 Years Gone Coke Bottle Green/Gold splatter

Friday’s Delivery
C123C279-F544-4C57-899C-450B10AF02E5.jpeg
Buck Meek - Twin Saviors
Destroyer -
Kaputt
Galaxie 500 - Today

The Buck Meek was picked up after the recommendation was posted here via @Wes C. Attle . I ordered the indie exclusive vie Discogs from CT record store, Red Scroll Records. They also had a copy of the only Galaxie 500 record I was missing at a great price so I picked that up too. Kaputt is one of my favorite Destroyer albums and was happy to grab the TTL exclusive.

Back