Fresh Grabs

HUGE thank you to @Matt M who sent me this copy of Fiona, and refused to accept any payment for it despite my attempts. I owe you friend and if there's ever anything you need from North of the border just let me know. I'm still just amazed by how many incredibly kind people found there way to this little corner of the internet. It's wonderful. Cheers y'all. 🍻20200205_143915.jpg

Get the rest of their discography!

You want be disappointed i promise you!
Speaking of, I was mentioning last year’s MOV reissue of “Wake Up!” to a friend of mine, who then ordered it from Amazon - they shipped her the colored/numbered one. So if you were interested, clearly they’re still out in the wild.

I think I've written briefly about this place before. But on a trip to Stockholm today I paid a visit to my new favourite shop, an absolute Aladdin's Cave of jazz. It's called Andra Jazz and must have 20,000 jazz vinyl at least. It's ceiling to floor jazz and utterly cramped and fantastic.

20200206_162817.jpg

I Never have enough time there as it's only open a few hours a few days a week, and well I'm supposed to be working. Still, I'm happy with my grabs from today.

The John Coltrane Quartet - Africa / Brass (1st Mono pressing, RVG stamps)
Elvin Jones - The Impulse Years
Krzysztof Komeda - Muzyka Krzysztofa Komedy 1

20200206_203700.jpg

The Coltrane is obviously the highlight but also the most dangerous - my first RVG first pressing. Excited to have this finally on vinyl and seemed a good price for what sounded absolutely fantastic in the shop. Elvin Jones was very cheap and a way to get a bunch of songs i dont have. The Komeda one I'm super intrigued about - I adore the trio of EABS records based on his songs, and Wojtek Mazolewski has just put out the amazing When Angels Fall from his songs (out on vinyl after Easter, it seems). So I'm happy to get some originals to check out as well. Spun this at the shop briefly and it sounded great.

20200206_203710.jpg

I think I've written briefly about this place before. But on a trip to Stockholm today I paid a visit to my new favourite shop, an absolute Aladdin's Cave of jazz. It's called Andra Jazz and must have 20,000 jazz vinyl at least. It's ceiling to floor jazz and utterly cramped and fantastic.

View attachment 31755

I Never have enough time there as it's only open a few hours a few days a week, and well I'm supposed to be working. Still, I'm happy with my grabs from today.

The John Coltrane Quartet - Africa / Brass (1st Mono pressing, RVG stamps)
Elvin Jones - The Impulse Years
Krzysztof Komeda - Muzyka Krzysztofa Komedy 1

View attachment 31758

The Coltrane is obviously the highlight but also the most dangerous - my first RVG first pressing. Excited to have this finally on vinyl and seemed a good price for what sounded absolutely fantastic in the shop. Elvin Jones was very cheap and a way to get a bunch of songs i dont have. The Komeda one I'm super intrigued about - I adore the trio of EABS records based on his songs, and Wojtek Mazolewski has just put out the amazing When Angels Fall from his songs (out on vinyl after Easter, it seems). So I'm happy to get some originals to check out as well. Spun this at the shop briefly and it sounded great.

View attachment 31757
Well this place has just jumped onto my bucket list!!!

Hope she has improved her pressings from from her last album.The vinyl didn’t sound too good.
I finally decided to pick these up after binging on her music for the past week. Absolutely amazing packages, and up there as my favourite ever artwork, its stunning. The Polyhymnia album is a triple gatefold, with tri-coloured vinyl, a comprehensive 12x12 liner notes book, and the amazing artwork on each panel. A Shoal Of Souls is an EP limited to 50 copies (which will never be repressed) with one side being etched and painted - I LOVE the artwork on this one.

Yazz Ahmed ‎– Polyhymnia (Ropeadope, 2019 Limited Deluxe Edition, Tri-colour vinyl)
Yazz Ahmed - A Shoal Of Souls (Ropeadope, 2019 EP Limited to 50 Copies with Etching)

View attachment 31765

View attachment 31766
Artwork was great though.👍

Back