Fitness!

good suggestion!
I see my 2 last workouts in my training history, but no uploads into our challenge....
and, you know, that's all that matters!
;)

That's definitely all that matters!haha It's funny because in the past when I had a slower run (like my run yesterday) I would be disappointed that I didn't run as fast as I was hoping, but now I'm excited because it gives me a few extra minutes in the challenge haha. Anyway, it looks like we have a challenge issue. I'll try to figure out what's going on.

Ok, so I edited the challenge to make it a number of workouts challenge and then set it back to active minutes, and that seems to have at least updated everything (though now I'm in last... so, that sucks haha). Hopefully it fixes things moving forward too. I'll keep an eye on it and if you guys could let me know if you don't see it updating that'd be helpful. Thanks!

Ok, so I edited the challenge to make it a number of workouts challenge and then set it back to active minutes, and that seems to have at least updated everything (though now I'm in last... so, that sucks haha). Hopefully it fixes things moving forward too. I'll keep an eye on it and if you guys could let me know if you don't see it updating that'd be helpful. Thanks!
Thanks so much for your help!

Ok, I joined the challenge. I'd been kicking around the idea for a few days and finally had to do it. I've started running and biking again and this will be a good way to keep me going.

Awesome, welcome! Glad to hear you're getting out there and being active! Anything you log for this month retroactively will still count toward this challenge so feel free to add in anything you've done up to this point.

Awesome, welcome! Glad to hear you're getting out there and being active! Anything you log for this month retroactively will still count toward this challenge so feel free to add in anything you've done up to this point.
Thanks! I connected my Garmin account, will it sync with stuff I've done previously? Otherwise I can add it manually.

I use Endo to track my runs too, so I'm not sure. Maybe @panino can help you with that one?
I think it did upload my past runs when I synchronized my device, but since I am old and forgetful, I'm not 100% sure.
when checking, I can see all my runs started synchronising from January 2020, which is probably the date when we started our challenges.....

so, in summary, it probably synchronise your past runs, but only within a specific timeframe (possibly within the month you synchronised your device).

maybe.
not sure.
boh?

Went to the gym for my first IRL Zumba class. I'm dead now.

How did y'all's workout go today?
Just unbelievable the effect humidity has on a body. The last few days have just been awful. I’m sweating, my weights are literally sweating, I’m dreading everything. I push through and do it out of sheer grit. Then today, it’s actually hotter temperature than the past days but the humidity has fallen way off. Everything feels great even though I am on 5 days in a row when I should be pretty dragass. I hit PRs. My wife hits PRs.

Fuck humidity.

Fuck humidity.
Omg this. Went out for a paddle last weekend and it was so humid I was soaked through just getting the boat off the car. Fast forward three hours, sun got low, humidity dropped like a rock, and suddenly I’m going faster and harder like I hadn’t been out at all.

Of course I also went home and crashed after. But still. Humidity sucks the life out of you.

I found out that a friend of a friend is running the recreation swim team at our gym. I am signing the kids up because they also need to move more. Practice is Monday - Thursday, one hour each day for the next 5 weeks. My husband and I are planning to shift our workouts to this time slot. I think we might do two days of swimming and two days of weights, and I'll probably pick up a yoga class on the weekend.

Been struggling mentally for a bit. Was especially tough today and damn is it hot here. Anyhow, I put it in regardless and it did that thing where it made me feel better which is always welcome. Gonna be going out of town next week and juggling the routine with that is going to be a real challenge since I'm relegated to a carport at home and I can't exactly travel with the equipment (don't think I didn't look at trailers on craigslist, though).

Anyone else missing Garmin Connect ?
I had two challenges with a mate - still did them but it’s just a little more fun on the app. Rumours of a Ransonware attack which seems to make sense given length of outage. Anyhow still logging the weight sessions and runs - just hope no data is lost.
Today’s run 10k of muddy path and light drizzle

Endorphins raised - Spirits high.

Back