First Concert?

I was 13 and my first concert was Iron Maiden on the 2012 world tour. There was a lot of weed and drunk people, but I didn’t care cause Maiden killed it on stage that night. Got all the hits out and I loved every minute of it. I don’t even remember who the opening acts were that night because Maiden was all I cared about.

Saw them with my dad and a few of his friends with their kids. Metal and rock concerts were always places where my dad and I would bond because I loved all the same stuff he did. I really miss metal concerts now :(
I saw them on this tour as well, and can't remember who opened. Saw them first in 2000 on the Brave New World tour. I remember Rob Halford and Queensryche were tbe openers then

Aerosmith in 1998 at the now torn down Bradley Center on Milwaukee. It was the start of my freshman year of high school, so I was 14. I remember being so excited about it then it got postponed a couple months! I went with my sister and cousin, and it was the first time seeing them smoke a cigarette which took me by surprise. The show was great. A lot of Nine Lives songs that they rarely ever played at any later shows I've been to. Seven Mary Three was the opener. I still have my beat up concert tee, and ticket stub from it.
View attachment 84293
Amazing how 'educational' those first experiences can be! ;)

Well, now you HAVE to tell us (and then update your security preferences)

Kind of thing you take to the grave with you. The only people that might know about it is the 2 school friends we went together with and shockingly the teacher we bumped into who was high/drunk af...needless to say neither side brought it up in school the next day.

It's so bad that I think people who know me would never figure it out so it remains a superb password protector.

Kind of thing you take to the grave with you. The only people that might know about it is the 2 school friends we went together with and shockingly the teacher we bumped into who was high/drunk af...needless to say neither side brought it up in school the next day.

It's so bad that I think people who know me would never figure it out so it remains a superb password protector.
Spice Girls! You went to see the Spice Girls!!

First show I went to but remember nothing about was my parents took us to see Dolly Parton and Loretta Lynn at Dollywood in the mid/late 80s while we were there on vacation.

First show I paid for myself was Dave Mathews Band and Soul Coughing at Gund Arena in Cleveland, September 1996 on the Crash tour.

Superdrag opening for Weezer at the Visalia convention center, Nov. 1996. I was 16, it was so loud, my ears rang for a week after. I started wearing ear plugs to shows shortly after.

S Club 7?
While at uni we used to go to the local venue regardless of who was performing. it was kind of split with a separate bar at the back and the standing area dropped slightly with the stage at the front and bars either side. We once got in there to see that S Club 7 were performing as part of the uni circuit but at that point in their career they had dropped to just 2 of them. So S Club 2 would have been the appropriate title.

While at uni we used to go to the local venue regardless of who was performing. it was kind of split with a separate bar at the back and the standing area dropped slightly with the stage at the front and bars either side. We once got in there to see that S Club 7 were performing as part of the uni circuit but at that point in their career they had dropped to just 2 of them. So S Club 2 would have been the appropriate title.
That's amazing. S Club So Very Tired

My first show was either Kiss or Aerosmith in the early nineties at my university basketball stadium. Not sure which was first, but Aerosmith story is more interesting. This was all back before internet ticket sales of course. I wanted to go to the see them but waited until about a week or two before the show to walk up to the ticket office to buy tickets. I had no clue what to do, or even asked any friends if they wanted to go before hand. Anyway, the ticket person said "there are four tickets in the fourth row" ... !!! really?!! So I had a credit card for probably all of one year (one of those sign-up and get a t-shirt things), and and did the most responsible thing and bought all four of them. I'm sure my card was maxed out at that point Ha Ha! Went back to the dorm and quickly made friends (they paid me back for their tix, of course).
The show was a lot of fun. I do remember Steven Tyler bitching out a stage hand for not getting his harmonica as quickly as he wanted. Kinda a funny.

Back