February 2022 Vinyl Spin Challenge Thread - Games People Play

Day 28 1/2 - Free Parking - Play anything from your collection, tell us why you chose it
chose this because I finally got to spin it yesterday, I had it on order for 6 months before finally getting a copy then it sat there for an age before I opened it, I had been streaming it for the 6 month wait so had listened to it but just hadn't had time to play the vinyl
20220228_194340.jpg

Day 26 - Clue - Play a mysterious artist

There's very little online info on this artist:
"Enigmatic multi-instrumentalist Clive Tanaka returns after nearly a decade since his cult-classic Jet Set Siempre was released into the world with a collection of indie gems entitled ‘Pre-Sunrise Authority.’ This is an album experience ready for summer road trips, shifting FM dials as the terrain changes and signals fade. In his words: What started as a rejection of loneliness with lyrics grew into a rejection of the ephemeral with the final musical composition. The dissonance between the mission of the lyrics and the music is what finally satisfied me. The album, Pre-sunrise Authority, took 10 years to finish. This record is a tribute to scheduled, communal listening to music; to driving up to the bluff to get a clear signal of America’s Top 40 with Casey Kasem; to the friend that gave you Beck’s Mellow Gold on CD and said, “You have to listen to this;” and to my friend Carroll, who played all over this record, but passed away before he could every hear it… Music is not disposable."

Clive Tanaka y su Orquesta - Pre-Sunrise Authority

2BF4DEA7-8BA7-4DE2-90BB-B1C689D4E93B.jpeg

Thanks to everyone for participating, and for indulging me on the games throughout the challenge. I also have been turned on to a lot of new-to-me music, which is always a great aside to the challenge itself.

I'll be drawing for the two $20 Bandcamp gift cards this evening...and remember, this Friday is a fee-free Friday for them.
Cheers, see you over at @gaporter 's March Challenge!

Day 28 1/2 - Free Parking - Play anything from your collection, tell us why you chose it
chose this because I finally got to spin it yesterday, I had it on order for 6 months before finally getting a copy then it sat there for an age before I opened it, I had been streaming it for the 6 month wait so had listened to it but just hadn't had time to play the vinyl
View attachment 130682

Love, love, love that record!

I'm gonna wrap up my last 2 1/2 themes tonight....since I called in sick to work. **cough** **cough**

Day 27 - Sorry - Don't apologize! Play something that you like that isn't well liked/known by others

I get that this isn't well liked, as I really didn't like it all that much for years. It still is my least favorite Metallica album, but I can still listen to it. It takes a little bit to get used to that snare sound, though.

Metallica ‎– St. Anger
Elektra ‎– 62853-1, 2003

Original pressing

06len1.jpg

GnB0Gp.jpg

Day 28 - Monopoly - Play a record by a band or artist that you think is the very best of their genre

Too lazy to take a new pic for this one, and I'm nursing a migraine.

Metallica ‎– Master Of Puppets
Blackened Recordings ‎– BLCKND005R-1, 1986/2017

Cut by Chris Bellman
Pressed at Pallas

rcJVPP.jpg

ghIZRE.jpg

It came in the mail today...a suggestion from @Yer Ol' Uncle D

Thanks for that - I do like it.

The Whit Boyd Combo – Dracula (The Dirty Old Man) (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
Modern Harmonic – MH-8226, 2020

Cut by Wes Garland
Pressed at Third Man Pressing

LNzuRO.jpg

lPQbDI.jpg

And thanks to @ranbalam for hosting this month.

Back