Feature requests?

SherlockOhms

OK, so given the forum has been up for about a day, I think it's *totally* reasonable to start hitting them with new requests :eek:

Buuuuut ... anyway we could embed media from bandcamp in posts?

(once this has all calmed down a little, obvs)

((and please delete this if I'm being an excessively cheeky sod))

i’ve been a “well known member “ for ever and would love to see summat else there.

Can we make a Loctation section like the old place? Location threads are popping up other places and it would be nice to organize them

First I thought this said lactation...anyway yeah I think location threads would be a good idea. They certainly weren't the most active threads at the old spot, but I think they provide a good entry point for new members to engage.

I have a suggestion for the discussion of politics here. I’ve had fraught interactions on that thread in the past as some are well aware and I am also trying to avoid the subject like the plague. With us entering the next election season, that thread is going to spend a lot of time at the top of the new content list. I know I can’t be the only person who doesn’t want to get smacked in the face with it every time I log on.

So can we de-list it from the new content list?

On the gun board I mod on we have an entire forum section devoted to politics and at times have delisted it from the new content lists. We’re actually probably going to do it again as the election season ramps up because the subject does tend to overrun a board when allowed to do so.

I don’t know if it is an option with this software or not as we use a different one, but it’s just a suggestion that I’d like y’all to consider. Thanks.

Can we please add an auto edit for VMP or the string “vinyl me please” so that every time someone types it it changes to something that doesn’t give them publicity? Doesn’t have to be rude or churlish, just nothing that sends them business. You know, like they used to do with sticky pudding. I’m totally happy with WNQ or ULO for example (next or previous letter in the alphabet)

Can we please add an auto edit for VMP or the string “vinyl me please” so that every time someone types it it changes to something that doesn’t give them publicity? Doesn’t have to be rude or churlish, just nothing that sends them business. You know, like they used to do with sticky pudding. I’m totally happy with WNQ or ULO for example (next or previous letter in the alphabet)
Love this idea. Make it sticky pudding

Yep exactly. There already is a UK, Las Vegas, Irish, Los Angeles, and Toronto over in Misc

Do you remember where they were before or how it was structured? Was it its own category (like Misc, Vinyl Clubs, etc)

I have a suggestion for the discussion of politics here. I’ve had fraught interactions on that thread in the past as some are well aware and I am also trying to avoid the subject like the plague. With us entering the next election season, that thread is going to spend a lot of time at the top of the new content list. I know I can’t be the only person who doesn’t want to get smacked in the face with it every time I log on.

So can we de-list it from the new content list?

On the gun board I mod on we have an entire forum section devoted to politics and at times have delisted it from the new content lists. We’re actually probably going to do it again as the election season ramps up because the subject does tend to overrun a board when allowed to do so.

I don’t know if it is an option with this software or not as we use a different one, but it’s just a suggestion that I’d like y’all to consider. Thanks.

Yes I agree 100% and will try to make something like this happen. I've also seen it so the thread just won't appear if you 'opt out' which was important when I was on an Atlanta Braves forum for someone of my background.

Do you remember where they were before or how it was structured? Was it its own category (like Misc, Vinyl Clubs, etc)

Yes I agree 100% and will try to make something like this happen. I've also seen it so the thread just won't appear if you 'opt out' which was important when I was on an Atlanta Braves forum for someone of my background.

I mean, I hate politics talk on here and I actively avoid it, but I also feel kinda weird about actively suppressing the thread. Especially since some people are into it. I never had a problem just skipping over the politics thread, since people were really good at quashing the politics talk when it bubbled up in other threads.

Is there an option to allow people to hide certain threads from their view? Like blocking a member, but doing it for a thread instead? That might be a better way to do it if so.

At the old place it was its entire own section (like Discussions, Marketplace and Needles and Grooves are here now)then inside it was broken down with each region getting it's own category (like Misc, Vinyl Clubs, etc...)

I dont know if it has to be like that but I do feel all those individual threads will eventually get lost at the bottom of Misc

I mean, I hate politics talk on here and I actively avoid it, but I also feel kinda weird about actively suppressing the thread. Especially since some people are into it. I never had a problem just skipping over the politics thread, since people were really good at quashing the politics talk when it bubbled up in other threads.

Is there an option to allow people to hide certain threads from their view? Like blocking a member, but doing it for a thread instead? That might be a better way to do it if so.
Yes that's what I'm hoping we can do but I'll ask the tech gurus.

At the old place it was its entire own section (like Discussions, Marketplace and Needles and Grooves are here now)then inside it was broken down with each region getting it's own category (like Misc, Vinyl Clubs, etc...)

I dont know if it has to be like that but I do feel all those individual threads will eventually get lost at the bottom of Misc
Did people really like them? I recall them not being super active enough to warrant their own section, but maybe that's partially your point.

Did people really like them? I recall them not being super active enough to warrant their own section, but maybe that's partially your point.
That is partially my point. I rarely used them,(I did once get Minnesota record store suggestions from them, and talk about the closing of a local shop) but they got some use. (Especially the non US ones it seemed)

I would think it's own category (misc, vinyl clubs etc...) would be plenty of separation

Back