Feature requests?

Can we please add an auto edit for VMP or the string “vinyl me please” so that every time someone types it it changes to something that doesn’t give them publicity? Doesn’t have to be rude or churlish, just nothing that sends them business. You know, like they used to do with sticky pudding. I’m totally happy with WNQ or ULO for example (next or previous letter in the alphabet)
This isn’t going to work for us because we have a vinyl clubs forum where vmp members want to discuss their club and rotms and we’re ok with that. It’s a clean slate and I want to dissociate myself from ill will. Hope that makes sense.

This isn’t going to work for us because we have a vinyl clubs forum where vmp members want to discuss their club and rotms and we’re ok with that. It’s a clean slate and I want to dissociate myself from ill will. Hope that makes sense.
Living well is the best revenge.

At least that’s what they say. Whoever “they” are.

Did people really like them? I recall them not being super active enough to warrant their own section, but maybe that's partially your point.

Yeah the Irish and UK ones got a fair bit of use when we had something we wanted advice on, soemthing in common (cough lost boxes cough) and sometimes even from tourists coming to our fair isles.

I think they’re useful, bit not super busy and as a result @Woob_woob is right, they’ll get swamped in misc

Can we have that handy little arrow on the screen that lets us go back to the top of the screen when scrolling down?

Also it would be good to have the option of going to a certain page (and first and last page) at the top of the screen, I think these were both normal features on the site that must not be named.

Did people really like them? I recall them not being super active enough to warrant their own section, but maybe that's partially your point.
I rarely used them, but we could just create another section below Needles and Grooves and put generic regions, starting with popular countries/continents and let everyone else create threads with cities to fill in the rest?

I rarely used them, but we could just create another section below Needles and Grooves and put generic regions, starting with popular countries/continents and let everyone else create threads with cities to fill in the rest?
We’re discussing it. Just slightly lower on the list of things to do

Can we have that handy little arrow on the screen that lets us go back to the top of the screen when scrolling down?

Also it would be good to have the option of going to a certain page (and first and last page) at the top of the screen, I think these were both normal features on the site that must not be named.

the arrow should appear in the bottom right if you scroll up slightly.

unless i am misunderstanding, your second request is already possible. check the pif thread, for example.

Apologies if this was asked/answered already, but I’d love to be able to sort my “watched threads” by most recent message. Sometimes I liked to take a quick look at my favorite spots to hang out and see what had the most action...

Edit: should have said most recent “unread” message...

Last edited:
Apologies if this was asked/answered already, but I’d love to be able to sort my “watched threads” by most recent message. Sometimes I liked to take a quick look at my favorite spots to hang out and see what had the most action...

Edit: should have said most recent “unread” message...

we have and are overlords haven't heard our plea

but really they said they were looking into it

just remembered that was in the bugs thread (I asked, this is a better place - don't think I realized this thread existed at the time)

I just noticed if I click on latest profile posts there isn't a place for me to then update my status, I know on the old one you could from the first page and feel like you could from any page

I’d like to see separate sections for sports and politics, even if they are subsections of general. Maybe TV/Movies too.

Me and the other dark overlords haven’t figured it out yet or haven’t found it yet. The process for getting things like this is wonky because sometimes it’s an add-on that needs to be purchased. Not this particular one but others we’ve seen and had before at the other place so we may have to draw the line at certain features if we want the money to stretch longer.

Back