Feature requests?

Whats the consensus of a blog type feature? Instead of making a thread for every thought or if you want to post a review for something or just general nonsense.

We have a follow feature but from what im aware it doesnt do much.

I understand if its not something that you want to look into or would take away forum activity.

We've got no plans to launch an official N&G blog, at least it hasn't really been discussed. I'll stick it as an agenda item! Even if we were in favour it would be something that would be a while away from happening. Why don't you start a thread and either write something as a post or link to a google document or something similar?

Would it be possible to have the "save/delete drafts" button available on the mobile version? I see it when I'm on desktop but not on iOS.

I have half finished thoughts in so many threads that I see later and I just wanna nuke.
Yes! It's the same on Android.

Do Instagram posts just not show the images for anyone else? It’s not a big deal at all, I’m just curious if anyone else is seeing the same thing?
61D189C2-3D21-49A5-BF5A-F62FCE50394A.png

I get differing results on iPhone, laptop running Edge and desktop running chrome. Some I have to click on to just see, some I see right away and some I have to click on which just shows grey boxes that I have to click again to open the Instagram page in a new tab. I've kinda got used to the unpredictability now. And imgur I have to agree to consent on every single post too.

Nope. I run naked. 😉
Welp, I've exhausted all of my usefulness here.

Do Instagram posts just not show the images for anyone else? It’s not a big deal at all, I’m just curious if anyone else is seeing the same thing?
View attachment 5992
I get differing results on iPhone, laptop running Edge and desktop running chrome. Some I have to click on to just see, some I see right away and some I have to click on which just shows grey boxes that I have to click again to open the Instagram page in a new tab. I've kinda got used to the unpredictability now. And imgur I have to agree to consent on every single post too.
Mine are hit or miss on Safari ... iOS... If I post something from IG, it usually always looks like this but later it actually shows up with a photo.
@RenegadeMonster any ideas?

Actually, did some digging and found this is a common problem.

To resolve it you have to clear your cache.

So if you are using Safari on iOS, try clearing "history and website data".

This can be found in settings.

Also, apparently if you have "Block All Cookies" enabled instagram embeds don't work either.

Please let me know if that resolves the issue or if I should keep digging.

Actually, did some digging and found this is a common problem.

To resolve it you have to clear your cache.

So if you are using Safari on iOS, try clearing "history and website data".

This can be found in settings.

Also, apparently if you have "Block All Cookies" enabled instagram embeds don't work either.

Please let me know if that resolves the issue or if I should keep digging.
Well then, it sounds like a problem that won’t resolve. I’m on a cookie diet. I wasn’t worried about it, just curious if it was common or just me. Thanks for looking into it y’all.

Is your instagram account set to private? Mine would not work unless I removed the private setting.
I don’t have one. Made a choice about 18 months ago or so to kill all of the social media apps. Three special interest message boards (this being one of them) are the full extent of my social media presence.

Back