Feature requests?

I didn’t see it and I don’t know how important it is to others but, is there a way we can expand the updated statuses so we see more than like 8 or so? Or a way to have a link to see all recent?

Like I said, may not be that important but, still. :geek:

Edit: I just saw a way to see all. My apologies. Took me a minute to find that button. Carry on.

Can we get rid of some of the negative emojis? The eye roll and unamused specifically. I've already seen this used as a way to dislike posts, which I thought was something we wanted to avoid? It's one thing to publically state you don't like something in a post but to use the emojis to dislike something doesn't allow for discourse and deflects responsibility for the negativity from the person disliking

do you have any idea how hard it was not to use an eye roll emoji here

edit: I do take your point, but at the same time, I like having a quick way to express myself without having to dive into the discourse. I could see a scenario in which driveby negging might become an issue, but I don’t think it’s arisen yet.

Can we get rid of some of the negative emojis? The eye roll and unamused specifically. I've already seen this used as a way to dislike posts, which I thought was something we wanted to avoid? It's one thing to publically state you don't like something in a post but to use the emojis to dislike something doesn't allow for discourse and deflects responsibility for the negativity from the person disliking
Damn I used the angry emoji a few times when a poster was angry about something and I was agreeing with them, usually VMP related. Oops sorry everyone. Damn I suck at being old, no wonder I can't use FakeBlock, or Timber or whatever you kids use these days.

Last edited:

I just disabled the unamused and rolling eyes. I was hoping people would use them appropriately rather than dislike posts.

I didn’t see it and I don’t know how important it is to others but, is there a way we can expand the updated statuses so we see more than like 8 or so? Or a way to have a link to see all recent?

Like I said, may not be that important but, still. :geek:

Edit: I just saw a way to see all. My apologies. Took me a minute to find that button. Carry on.

Clicking on the header title, "Latest Profile Posts" will show them all ✌
The "What's new" dropdown also has an option to view new profile posts.

Still wish the ‘Watched Threads’ was dynamic so I only see the threads with new/unread content.
Further to this, I wish the ones that I've read were grey or another colour other than just unbolded orange text, with bold orange text for new posts.

Whats the consensus of a blog type feature? Instead of making a thread for every thought or if you want to post a review for something or just general nonsense.

We have a follow feature but from what im aware it doesnt do much.

I understand if its not something that you want to look into or would take away forum activity.

While I am neutral on a blog-type feature, what would be cool is if there was a way to highlight some great posts on a weekly/monthly basis. I have my usual threads I follow but there are some other hidden (to me) gems that people post and would love to see. I keep going back to a few posts by @seeirwin explaining different types of jazz styles that I would not have found if I did not follow the VMP Anthology thread.

Back