Favourite Albums of 1981?

1 The Gordons - s/t
2 Bauhaus-mask
3 Devo - New Traditionalists
4 Lindsey Buckingham - Law And Order. too high? No.
5 YMO - Technodelic
6 Brian Eno - David Byrne - My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts
7 Neil Young & Crazy Horse - Reactor
8 Bob Dylan - Shot Of Love. underrated
9 Chrome - Blood on the moon
10 Midnight Oil - Place Without A Postcard
11 Orchestral Manœuvres In The Dark - Architecture & Morality
12 The Undertones - Positive Touch
13 Roger - The Many Facets Of Roger
14 Sparks - Whomp That Sucker

no offense but couldn't you make this an entire thread of just "favorites of certain years"... i appreciate the lists but it could be seen as almost spam

Why be a party pooper ? Seems to be your thing.

Why does it bother you ? Grow up

yah forums attract some flakes, weirdos, and ocd types unfortunately. If you want to mail me your lists I would enjoy talking to you about them personally and anything else. Or please keep posting as @avecigrec said I have enjoyed them as well.

Not cool. It's pretty shitty and judgemental to call people weirdos and party poopers and tell them to grow-up for having an opinion just because you happen to disagree with it. That's not what this forum is about.

How about you take a seat, go back to being positive wherever you do it, and let folks have their thoughts?

The person who started this thread once called Megan Rapinoe a dyke on this forum and as far as I'm concerned shouldn't be posting here period.

Oblivious

I'm very sure I've been around here much longer than you. Not that it's a contest. If you're referring to VMP closing down their forum and blaming it on forum negativity as you perceive it then I think your name-calling is better directed at yourself.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Oblivious

Regardless it isn't your job to tell people they're weird or party poopers or need to grow up because you don't like their opinion. That's not how we do things around here. You don't know these people and you don't know how your own name calling might impact them.

Please go back to controlling the Palladin thread and sit down.

bullshit, I know everything about it

Your not a mod ? In fact you dont even list your location a forum rule, and why do you limit who can view your profile troll ?

Have records at cost to members really got you riled up ? should of figured.

OK.

1. Nothing is for sale in this thread so this doesn't make any sense.
2. You clearly don't know everything about the VMP forum being shuttered.
3. It isn't a "forum rule" to list your location and I prefer some privacy
4. If calling you out on your shitty behavior is trolling then so be it.
5. No I'm not a mod but I know the forum members you got shitty with and consider them longtime members worth defending
6. If you're going to die on this hill it will be a painful death

will-ferrell-escalated-quickly.gif

There's nothing wrong with "Best Album of X Year" threads. Its different than the endgame thread which was a one time thing where Woob added up all the entries. The same conversations happen over and over in all kinds of threads, I see it all the time. Dukey politely gave his opinion, but that doesn't mean the thread can't continue with the original question/intent. It does us all well to step back and assume that people have good intentions in mind. Don't jump to conclusions and smack down others. Its not cool.

It's not a "rule" to have location. I would recommend coming up with something you think is funny or cute vs. any kind of personally identifying info, but we all have different comfort levels with our privacy.

The Clash Sandinista
U2 October
The Police Ghost In The Machine
Rolling Stones Tattoo You
Kraftwerk Computer World
Brian Eno/David Byrne My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts
OMD Architecture & Morality
The Cars Shake It Up
Phil Collins Face Value
AC/DC For Those About To Rock
Foreigner 4
Rush Moving Pictures