Favorite Album Covers

71JxCGwe9cL._SL1500_.jpg

81bANXfbb0L._SL1500_.jpg

elvis-costello.jpg

b49c321c300c8fbf320807a31bff4eb2

Unknown Mortal Orchestra - Multi-Love
How did I forget The Stranger and Freewheelin' Bob Dylan?! Those are both incredible!

What did you think of Bowie's the next day cover?
It was definitely a very Bowie move, lol. I've never really read up on the artistic reasoning for it (though I'm sure there is one), but as strange as it was to see at first, I kind of got used to it, and now I see "Heroes" and The Next Day as two completely different covers removed from each other. It's not necessarily one of my favorite album covers from him, but I do kind of just love the audacity of it haha

It was definitely a very Bowie move, lol. I've never really read up on the artistic reasoning for it (though I'm sure there is one), but as strange as it was to see at first, I kind of got used to it, and now I see "Heroes" and The Next Day as two completely different covers removed from each other. It's not necessarily one of my favorite album covers from him, but I do kind of just love the audacity of it haha
When I first saw it, I had 2 immediate thoughts.

1. Wow what a cheap way to make an album cover
2. If he paid an artist to make it, that guy has the easiest job.

btw, I know you're a bit into IDM, not sure if you've seen this homage cover:
a1445828321_10.jpg

A few more I ran across that are worthy...

PIL - Album
Released at the height of the generic product craze (look it up young'uns), John Lydon reflects on the current capitalistic climate. Of course the CD release was called Compact Disc.

072A12F7-EBF2-46EB-8F1F-BDC10DD60ACB.jpeg

The Black Crowes - Three Snakes And One Charm
Until a couple years ago the only vinyl version available was this original box set released on 7 7" records. Also included a 45 adapter mimicking the cover art.

6934B780-F455-43EA-A8FF-FE63D56003D9.jpeg

The Jesus And Mary Chain - Darklands
The Reid brothers pump out a dark, bleak, album dealing with pain and isolation with cover art to match.

E9257552-2963-4C26-8D54-609484F0182F.jpeg

Lee Bains III & The Glory Fires - Live At the Nick
My Alabama buddies unleash a live album that captures their DIY spirit and can do political attitude. This record sounds just like that reader board.

EE1AF776-02E8-4DDF-B5CE-956BD3D3317D.jpeg

Back