Everything Video Games!

I'm nearing the end of Disco Elysium, which is fantastic. One of the best written games I've ever played.

I've kind of stalled on Baldur's Gate III at the beginning of Act 2, as great as it is, it's just so dense. Think I just need a break.

I'm desperate for something that's not a heavy, wordy RPG lol I have FFXVI, Spider-Man 2, Mario Wonder, Persona 3 Reload, and a few others in my wishlist, but it really seems like games aren't going on sale as much these days. Probably will bite the bullet and just buy something for close to full price here soon.

Y'all have any games $20 or under you've been enjoying recently that you'd recommend? Lookin for something I could turn my brain off for and play for a while.

Y'all have any games $20 or under you've been enjoying recently that you'd recommend? Lookin for something I could turn my brain off for and play for a while.
Balatro. especially if you like deck builders and/or poker... though it might require some brain usage
I was gonna say Balatro. Also Picross S+.

If you've got a PlayStation this is $10 Borderlands: The Handsome Collection

I usually don't like FPS's but it's mindless fun, I played with friends but a lot of time went solo and it was still fun.

also, if you like FPS online multiplayer I must keep banging the drum for The Finals.

it's free to play, I'm pretty sure it's less than 20gb in total, and it's just a blast, literally and figuratively!

it's made by former EA and Dice employees, so it plays like a mix of BF Bad Company and Mirror's Edge. it's even got lore that's pretty interesting and they drop Easter eggs to the community keeping the players it has really engaged, both inside and outside the game.

Season 2 dropped last week introducing some new modes, weapons, and map (which is pretty rad visually)

Picross is my go-to 'play while listening to records' game.
yes, it's absolutely perfect for that!

though I never got into the other, newer modes... like Mega Picross or whatever it's called, not sure if I'm missing out by not learning it

yes, it's absolutely perfect for that!

though I never got into the other, newer modes... like Mega Picross or whatever it's called, not sure if I'm missing out by not learning it
A lot of Picross nerds prefer Mega and consider classic the warmup, but there's a zen quality to classic that really works for me. I love Clip Picross, too.

Deck Builders and rogue likes aren't usually my thing, but I've seen a lot of hype for this. Is it easy to pick up and learn?
if you know how to play poker, then you're off to a good start. that said, it has other cards (Jokers, Planet, Tarot, and Spectral cards) that are your modifiers and have you build insane scores.

learning how to use these cards, which are random when earned or purchased, to synergize with what you have and what's on offer is really what you need to learn through playing. it's pretty brilliant and it's perfect for Switch or Steam Deck.

believe it or not, but this trailer pretty much sums it all up

Deck Builders and rogue likes aren't usually my thing, but I've seen a lot of hype for this. Is it easy to pick up and learn?
it's such a dumb game, but Power Wash Simulator is one of the most perfect turn your brain off and enjoy games I played in a while... though it was free on Game Pass, not sure how much I'd spend on that game

it's such a dumb game, but Power Wash Simulator is one of the most perfect turn your brain off and enjoy games I played in a while... though it was free on Game Pass, not sure how much I'd spend on that game
I liked this one for a little bit but I hated holding down the trigger button on the controller and trying to find someplace that I missed on what I was cleaning. I did put 15+ hours into it though.

House Flipper is in a similar vein and actually pretty good too. Sunk a good amount of time in that one before moving onto something else.

TOTK continues to amaze me and simultaneously KICK MY ASS.

I felt like a homeless person for the first 10 hours of this game wearing only a torn shirt and skirt and fighting with sticks and rocks. Getting one-hit killed by low level goblins. And having like 10 rupees to my name.

Now that I have about 40-50 shrines under me and started realizing that "oh shit these high level enemies drop some decent weapon mods", it's started to dawn on me why this game is so addictive. It's just the perfect balance of explore when and how you want, but then it will force you into encounters out of sheer necessity. Like I need a good hammer to go mine some gems to buy this armor to go through this cold/hot area. So I guess I'll fight this Talus or Hinox and get some skrill while I'm at it.

One of the things I am annoyed by is constantly sifting through things to either throw or attach to arrows in the heat of battle. Kind of kills the flow and breaks the tension having to wade through inventory lines of herbs and apples just to find a decent mod. And yes, I do know you can sort the inventory, but it just never seems to be in the order I need right then.

The sky islands also fucking rule and the music gets under my skin in such a good way.

10/10

I'm nearing the end of Disco Elysium, which is fantastic. One of the best written games I've ever played.

I've kind of stalled on Baldur's Gate III at the beginning of Act 2, as great as it is, it's just so dense. Think I just need a break.

I'm desperate for something that's not a heavy, wordy RPG lol I have FFXVI, Spider-Man 2, Mario Wonder, Persona 3 Reload, and a few others in my wishlist, but it really seems like games aren't going on sale as much these days. Probably will bite the bullet and just buy something for close to full price here soon.
I ended up ordering Final Fantasy XVI! Been a while since I've played a FF that wasn't XIV, and this one looks like a lot of fun, excited to dig in

Back