Everything Video Games!

Bloodborne actually rivals DS1 for my most abandoned replays (I think DS3 has my most successful replays; I'd have 100%'d it if not for the pvp farming trophies). I know people love it, but I'm a sword-and-board baby.
DS1 and Bloodborne are tied for me, abandoned each twice. I did 100% DS3 in 2022 after finishing Elden Ring. A lot of the pvp stuff can be farmed single player too, but I found the online to be kind of fun. Having multiple people all try to kill each other was a good time, and usually if you survived long enough for someone else to die, you would get the item you were going for.

June sounds like a very aggressive timeline for me to finish Eldin Ring with how punishing it has been for me and me feeling like I'm stuck, not getting any progress, and getting my ass handed to me when I last left out. It also doesn't help that the last installment of FFVII drops next week. That's going to eat a good chunck of my time.
There's definitely some big walls in Elden Ring. No shame in summoning or using cheese strats, I'm of the mindset that if they're in the game, it's fair to use. I really struggled with my second character - I'm normally a pure stronk boy, but went with a dex build to try it out. The end game bossess made me want to quit. Death by 1000 cuts isn't my style, I have a much easier time just caving in skulls with a rusty anchor.

Speaking of other abandoned games... FFVII Remake is next after Bloodborne.

Just saw that Stella Blade got a release date of April 4th. That's much sooner than I was expecting. Last I saw it was still listed as TBD.

Got a couple hours of gameplay in on FFVII Rebirth this morning.

I'm quite impressed with the graphics. Looks like there have been vast improvements since part 1 of the remake.

I was Disinterested in FF7 Remake at launch because I've played and beaten OG FF7 already, and I hear it's just a drawn out and bloated version. The hype around Rebirth makes me want to check it out tho.

I'm addicted to Deep Rock Galactic: Survivor.

I played Deep Rock Galactic with a friend for a while, but this version is pretty fun.

Sony has released a 200mb update for PS3 consoles.

This has a lot of people rolling their eyes saying that Sony should be focusing on the PS5 console and the purpose of the PS3 patch is angering.

It patches an active exploit where people could export their PS3 games and then run them on an Emulator on a PC.

In addition, the update set's the stage for shutting down the PS3 store and online game features. While Sony says they have delayed shutting down the PS3 store indefinitely after community outrage, this update contains everything Sony needs when they decide to pull the plug and shut down the PS3 store.

Sony has released a 200mb update for PS3 consoles.

This has a lot of people rolling their eyes saying that Sony should be focusing on the PS5 console and the purpose of the PS3 patch is angering.

It patches an active exploit where people could export their PS3 games and then run them on an Emulator on a PC.

In addition, the update set's the stage for shutting down the PS3 store and online game features. While Sony says they have delayed shutting down the PS3 store indefinitely after community outrage, this update contains everything Sony needs when they decide to pull the plug and shut down the PS3 store.
My PS3 has been getting some use recently. Quite enjoy playing on it. Hot take - other than outputting at 720p in the main, the graphics are good enough. Not jarring enough that it takes you out of enjoying a game.

My PS3 has been getting some use recently. Quite enjoy playing on it. Hot take - other than outputting at 720p in the main, the graphics are good enough. Not jarring enough that it takes you out of enjoying a game.
Agreed. Been firing mine up recently and it’s enough that I’m not really interested in a PS5 unless costs come down.

So I just started Tears of the Kingdom, and I have to say I am so utterly confused by the Zonaite, the cells, the containers, and everything associated with them. The whole thing has just felt like a token economy with like 4 different levels.

The combining weapons (ableit kind of clunky for me to get used to) has made sense, and even the shrines where I've had to build stuff or move it makes total sense. I've had a few eureka moments with this and it is rewarding on some level.

But the introduction to the containers and ore on the Great Sky Island was information overload. Like the robot/construct saying to take one of the flying things with me was so baffling, I figured I must have missed at least three steps before that. Hopefully more is revealed, otherwise can someone point me in the direction of a cheat sheet?

Also did anyone else find the Great Sky Island intro like punishingly hard? I died a dozen times because I didn't have enough hot peppers to make it through the cold phase and the nearest cooking pot was like eight levels down and a mile away. Also all I could fight with were sticks and rocks... like wtf...

Last edited:
So I just started Tears of the Kingdom, and I have to say I am so utterly confused by the Zonaite, the cells, the containers, and everything associated with them. The whole thing has just felt like a token economy with like 4 different levels.

The combing weapons (ableit kind of clunky for me to get used to) has made sense, and even the shrines where I've had to build stuff or move it makes total sense. I've had a few eureka moments with this and it is rewarding on some level.

But the introduction to the containers and ore on the Great Sky Island was information overload. Like the robot/construct saying to take one of the flying things with me was so baffling, I figured I must have missed at least three steps before that. Hopefully more is revealed, otherwise can someone point me in the direction of a cheat sheet?

Also did anyone else find the Great Sky Island intro like punishingly hard? I died a dozen times because I didn't have enough hot peppers to make it through the cold phase and the nearest cooking pot was like eight levels down and a mile away. Also all I could fight with were sticks and rocks... like wtf...
Tears of the Kingdom starts off pretty hard and punishing, and I say that as someone who's played almost every Zelda game. If you played and enjoyed Breath of the Wild though, you will eventually make it over the hump.

Zonaite is confusing at first but what it boils down to is that you scour the world for zonaite ORE, talk to the robots at the refineries to turn those into CRUSTALIZED CHARGES and every time you get 100 of those, you can talk to the robot in the sky island and get another quarter of a battery to power the machines you make.

Try jumping into the hole near Hyrule Castle and this will eventually become more clear

Tears of the Kingdom starts off pretty hard and punishing, and I say that as someone who's played almost every Zelda game. If you played and enjoyed Breath of the Wild though, you will eventually make it over the hump.

Zonaite is confusing at first but what it boils down to is that you scour the world for zonaite ORE, talk to the robots at the refineries to turn those into CRUSTALIZED CHARGES and every time you get 100 of those, you can talk to the robot in the sky island and get another quarter of a battery to power the machines you make.

Try jumping into the hole near Hyrule Castle and this will eventually become more clear
That explained everything a bit better.

I may still warp back up to the island and go back through it slower. It was a lot of info to absorb. I totally forgot about the gumball machine that they asked me to throw some stuff in and I blanked. That was probably more critical than I thought...

That explained everything a bit better.

I may still warp back up to the island and go back through it slower. It was a lot of info to absorb. I totally forgot about the gumball machine that they asked me to throw some stuff in and I blanked. That was probably more critical than I thought...
Not really critical. You don't have to use any more zonai machines or whatever than you want to outside of shrines. Some people love using it all the time, some like travelling more like BotW (except easier to glide further from sky islands or towers).

Not really critical. You don't have to use any more zonai machines or whatever than you want to outside of shrines. Some people love using it all the time, some like travelling more like BotW (except easier to glide further from sky islands or towers).
Don't you need them for some Korok seeds though? Or are they pretty good about leaving the parts you need nearby?

I didn't go into the underground until at least 40 hours into the game. I was also confused about the Zonalite for a long but it took time to make sense. It's definitely a little bit of information overload a the beginning.

I didn't go into the underground until at least 40 hours into the game. I was also confused about the Zonalite for a long but it took time to make sense. It's definitely a little bit of information overload a the beginning.
It's been 10 hours and I still haven't fought a single moblin for fear of breaking one the the very few swords I actually have...

Back