Everything Video Games!

I tried getting into RDR2 but maybe I was just too overwhelmed by the controls and mechanics of being able to control ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING.

I think I made it to through the prologue and to the camp and just dropped it. Not sure if I'll ever pick it back up now that BOTW has bewitched me. Seems to scratch the same itch but seems way more approachable compared to RDR2 in my opinion.
Honestly the prologue kind of sucks. I like it, but it drags and drags with the trudging through the snow and the slowly getting up to speed with controls/weapons/characters. Once you make it down to Horseshoe Overlook the game really opens up. the first time I played I did a lot of the story before I explored and it seems very overwhelming once other things start to compile on top of the story and you moving your camp a few times in the game. This time through I knew the game more so I explored a lot more in various areas first rather than jumping into the main story. I found it much better that way. Similar to BOTW in the aspect of just exploring for fun.

BOTW is hard to compare. Totally different games. BOTW I like better but RDR2 is not far behind.

Been playing Mortal Sin on steam. Recommend if you like melee-centric dungeon crawlers. Reviews highly praise the melee and I agree. It's fun with some level of difficulty that is proportionate to how far you've progressed and is mitigated as you get better at your play style/builds. Basis are bash, kick, attach, and block/parry and combos thereof; I submit that's all you really need. I mean, if you've bashed, attacked, kicked, then attacked again and you haven't dismembered your enemy....you probably bashed when you should've attacked again.

Was woefully underprepared for a battle with a Lynel and died maybe 20 times before I mastered the dodge and flurry attack. With only 4 hearts it was essentially a one hit kill.
It’s amazing that you killed a Lynel so early into your first playthrough! It probably took me a good month to work up the courage to try it.

It’s amazing that you killed a Lynel so early into your first playthrough! It probably took me a good month to work up the courage to try it.
Truth be told I thought killing it was required for the Zora temple because I can’t read apparently. All I really needed to do was steal his shock arrows and then dip.

PSA for those who never got around to playing the Bioshock series....

Steam has the Bioshock collection (1, 2 and Infinite [my favorite] + some DLC) on sale for $11.99. Pretty good price for that much solid game time.
I might be in the minority who didn’t really like Infinite that much. 1 + 2 are really fun, totally different than any other single player FPS games that I had played before. I saw loads of people praising Infinite as the best but I was surprised with it. I didn’t like the setting above the water, story was okay, but it was so short. The first two supplied like 15-25 hours of gameplay that didn’t feel like it was too short or long. Infinite I finished in like 6 hours which felt super short. It felt like it could have been stretched out a lot more and it just kind of ended so soon.

I might be in the minority who didn’t really like Infinite that much. 1 + 2 are really fun, totally different than any other single player FPS games that I had played before. I saw loads of people praising Infinite as the best but I was surprised with it. I didn’t like the setting above the water, story was okay, but it was so short. The first two supplied like 15-25 hours of gameplay that didn’t feel like it was too short or long. Infinite I finished in like 6 hours which felt super short. It felt like it could have been stretched out a lot more and it just kind of ended so soon.
Oh man, Bioshock Infinite is one of those games just crystallized in my memory. I loved every second of it but I can understand why it didn’t resonate with you!

Finally got my Delerium kill with Tainted Jacob in Isaac. After countless middle fingers from the game, and all the bs of both that fight in general and that fight with with Tainted Esau also chasing you, I got to give a BIG middle finger back. Got the ultimate cheese combo - Gnawed Leaf and anything that deals contact damage. If you don't play, Gnawed Leaf is inspired by the leaf from Mario 3. If you stand still for a few seconds, Isaac turns to stone and is completely invincible (like the Tanooki suit in M3). Combine that with anything that deals contact damage - in this case Mom's Knife, and it's a guaranteed win as long as the enemy will run into you. Delerium is notorious for spawning right on the player, so when the fight started, I moved to the middle and put the controller down. Don't even feel bad about it. Next stop in the 100% journey is Greedier with all the Tainted characters, and with regular Jacob and Esau. Going to just go random until I narrow down the field a bit.

Starfield is fine so far. I was overwhelmed at the beginning but I stuck to the story initially and it's starting to make sense. My qualms are that the whole world feels a little sterile, too clean. Although I've only been to New Atlantis and a few other places. It feels like it's missing some comic relief or heart in some way. Also at first I was overwhelmed because I don't really know why everyone is in space. Just setting up the game with like a short movie about civilization collapsing and how we got to 2330 would be helpful in understanding the game more. You're kind of thrust into it without any context.

I love Fallout and Skyrim but having the main character be basically you without any personality makes it feel very dry. It didn't feel that way in the other two franchises. I can't help but think of Mass Effect and the amazing character writing in that series. I'd rather it tell a story of a person with dialogue and background than nothing. The best comparison I can think of is Starfield is a mix of The Outer Worlds and Mass Effect Andromeda.

Combat is a little tricky because I was so used to VATS in Fallout and needing to actually play it as a FPS will take some getting used to. It's very similar to Mass Effect in that regard but the combat in Mass Effect was always super fun with the tech powers and whatnot. Does that happen in Starfield? or does the combat get more fun as you get better? I'm only 4 hours in right now.

Pre-Orders are live for physical copies of Sea of Stars.

Instant pick up on the vinyl for me. I actually just "beat" the game Tuesday and am working on the True Ending now. Fantastic soundtrack from Rainbowdragoneyes (who I just found out is the drummer of Nekrogoblikon) and Yasunori Mitsuda of Chrono Tigger and Cross fame. Cannot recommend this game enough and will have a nice wall of text for everyone once I finish it.

Instant pick up on the vinyl for me. I actually just "beat" the game Tuesday and am working on the True Ending now. Fantastic soundtrack from Rainbowdragoneyes (who I just found out is the drummer of Nekrogoblikon) and Yasunori Mitsuda of Chrono Tigger and Cross fame. Cannot recommend this game enough and will have a nice wall of text for everyone once I finish it.

I came very close to buying the vinyl, but held off.

Back