Everything Video Games!

i played a little bit, it’s a lot of fun, but weirdly enough, fall guys is the type of game that i’d rather watch someone else play rather play it myself,

but gonna have to get back into it when they re-release the doomslayer skin back

This new season has the Xenomorph from Aliens and Mr. Spock among the "free" outfits you can earn

40ACF045-9C71-42FE-B45A-930372A9289E.jpeg

You are all good man. It's all been in good fun. Not everyone likes everything and that's fine. 👍

I was gonna say we should get a Switch friend code list going. I don't have online right now, but I'd still be down to add some peeps.

omg, yea, i’ll start!! my switch code is SW-5262-8140-7055

i already have some of you guys added, but if you don’t, pls add me!! i love looking at everyone’s libraries and see what friends are playing atm

omg, yea, i’ll start!! my switch code is SW-5262-8140-7055

i already have some of you guys added, but if you don’t, pls add me!! i love looking at everyone’s libraries and see what friends are playing atm
You are all good man. It's all been in good fun. Not everyone likes everything and that's fine. 👍

I was gonna say we should get a Switch friend code list going. I don't have online right now, but I'd still be down to add some peeps.
PXL_20220913_232013809.jpg

It'll for sure have it's own Direct in between now and then. My hype stems from this just looking like BotW on an even bigger, more ambitious scale. It's going to be incredible.
I will say this much, reading some analysis of the new trailer, where it's picked apart, along with the title, and in relation to previous footage, Nintendo definitely low-key gave, or at least hinted, at way more information than I realized. I know it's still all speculation at this point, but if any of it is correct it'll be amazing

I decided to play through The Last of Us Part I again to see if I could platinum it.

Glad I did, because I just got the notification today that The Last of Us Part II just went on sale. Just picked that up.

On my initial play through of The Last of Us Part 1 I got 13 out of 29 trophies. This time through I'm using the hits to find all the collectibles and find the user initiated conversations. Even so I'm finding it hard. I still missed 1 collectible for chapter and had to go back and replay said chapter to get it. The latest one was annoying. I knew where the collectible was, and was searching around the area when I got pulled into a cut scene, then an encounter and then could not go back to said collectible. I had to replay 90 minutes of the chapter to get it =\

I must admit, I had never heard anyone complain about the climbing in that game. I always thought that was one of the single best aspects of BOTW (and the reason why I once maxed out stamina before adding a single extra heart to my Link)!
oh it's raining, now my hands are wet noodles ahhhhhhh.

I must admit, I had never heard anyone complain about the climbing in that game. I always thought that was one of the single best aspects of BOTW (and the reason why I once maxed out stamina before adding a single extra heart to my Link)!

Haha, same. I was running around with a maxed stamina wheel and like three hearts for the longest time.

It turned the game into a giant parkour landscape. I love warping to shrines in high apots, jumping, gliding, dropping, climbing and jumping again!

Breath of the Wild is my favorite game of all time. I don't like the breaking weapons or the rainy climbing, but I have rarely experienced such a sense of wonder and exploration in any medium.

For anyone that likes the environment and exploration, I implore you to look into getting a projector. The sense of scale of Breath of the Wild is astounding. When it's stretched across 8' of wall space, you really "feel" that sense of scale.

I actually didn't mind the breaking of weapons. Once I had the Master Sword and knew I would always have that (aside from when it had to "cool down") I liked trying different weapons. In too many games I end up just finding one weapon that's really good and only using that. Any other weapon I'd find, I'd keep to sell for money. I'm thinking of Borderlands, Fallout, I'm currently replaying through The Witcher 3 and it's the same. I grab all these swords only to just cash them in. If my main weapons broke, I'd have to diversify. It adds a diffferent dynamic to how you play. I like it.

I actually didn't mind the breaking of weapons. Once I had the Master Sword and knew I would always have that (aside from when it had to "cool down") I liked trying different weapons. In too many games I end up just finding one weapon that's really good and only using that. Any other weapon I'd find, I'd keep to sell for money. I'm thinking of Borderlands, Fallout, I'm currently replaying through The Witcher 3 and it's the same. I grab all these swords only to just cash them in. If my main weapons broke, I'd have to diversify. It adds a diffferent dynamic to how you play. I like it.
I'm the same way most of the time. The reason I don't like the breaking weapons in BoTW is because of how weak they are. I understand not wanting the player to rely on one weapon or two, but I really don't think it does that. It just makes me carry 5 of the same sword. I'd much rather them make certain weapons more effective against certain enemies and let the players have fun deciding, than to force them because a weapon broke. I see the system they wanted, I just don't think it was implemented well.

I've played through Dark Souls 3 a few different times and I think they do it best there. I know everyone hates when things are compared to Dark Souls, but there is a reason that they are considered some of the best in the industry (and it's not because of the difficulty). The weapons play so differently, and enemies have weaknesses to certain things, so it makes it fun and interesting to use different weapons. The weapons there all seemed useful, but you need to find their uses. The weapons in Breath of the Wild all seem borderline useless and you just have to grind them out until you find more. Where the rest of Breath of the Wild is an exercise in awe and wonder, I feel the weapon system is an exercise in futility and transience. Which, to me, is not fun.

With that said, it really doesn't bother me "that much" and the game is still a 10/10. It could have just been done better to greater effect in my eyes.

Game Pass is killing me with the RPGs right now! I'm just about to wrap up FFXIII - a day before it leaves the service. I plan on playing XIII-2 and Lightning Returns as well. They just dropped Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch, which I've been wanting to play, and Persona 5 Royal drops 10/20. Not sure how I'm going to cram all of this in.

Back