Everything Video Games!

What are people's thoughts on Mario party for the Switch?

I'm looking to get either that or Mario Kart before I leave for Norway in a few days. Mostly just looking for good multiplayer games for the long flight.
I vote Mario Kart. Mario Party can be frustrating in it's randomness. It's great for kids and gatherings where people don't really care much about competition. Playing Mario Kart you actually might feel a sense of accomplishment for winning a race.
Definitely Mario Kart. There's actual online multiplayer, and there is waay more content.
Party over Kart every day of the week imo.

I think you meant to post this in the hot takes thread.
Give me mini games over racing anyday of the week. Kart is the same game every time you play it, Party isnt, and that alone gives it more replayability and makes it the better game. Karts fun, but Party is the better game/series.

Give me mini games over racing anyday of the week. Kart is the same game every time you play it, Party isnt, and that alone gives it more replayability and makes it the better game. Karts fun, but Party is the better game/series.
While I can see how one might come to this this conclusion, my only response is “Raise hell and praise Dale!”

Idk man, Super Mario Party only has like 4 (very small) boards, not nearly as many minigames as previous entries, and is not very fun to play by yourself. MK8 has much more variety and single player options. The overall debate between the kart and party series in general can go on, but between SMP and MK8, MK8 is defo the best choice imo.

I've heard nothing but amazing things about Shadowbringers, and my friends are egging me to hop back into it, so I guess I'm gonna switch servers and make time for more FFXIV. :sneaky:

Idk man, Super Mario Party only has like 4 (very small) boards, not nearly as many minigames as previous entries, and is not very fun to play by yourself. MK8 has much more variety and single player options. The overall debate between the kart and party series in general can go on, but between SMP and MK8, MK8 is defo the best choice imo.
There is way more to the new Party game than just 4 boards. Yes there should be more than just the 4 in the main mode, and yes Kart is a better single player game, but if you're asking me which game I'd rather play with a group of people its hands down Party every time.

There is way more to the new Party game than just 4 boards. Yes there should be more than just the 4 in the main mode, and yes Kart is a better single player game, but if you're asking me which game I'd rather play with a group of people its hands down Party every time.

yeah, more boards would be nice, but the game still has enough variety to keep things fun.
last month, i hung with one of my friends who doesn’t have a switch and she wanted to play mario party. a regular board game would have taken too long to conclude, so we just played random mini games. there’s definitely more ways to play it than just playing the basic board game

yeah, more boards would be nice, but the game still has enough variety to keep things fun.
last month, i hung with one of my friends who doesn’t have a switch and she wanted to play mario party. a regular board game would have taken too long to conclude, so we just played random mini games. there’s definitely more ways to play it than just playing the basic board game
My brother and I have spent a few drunken nights playing just the baseball minigame.

Completed Yooka-Laylee last night. I enjoyed it as it has much of the Banjo-Kazooie flair, but certain bits could have been more polished. The final boss took a bit of working out but once the tactic was worked out it was a good fight.

Anyone else played/completed it?

Amazing YouTube who's work is consistently great (I really recommend his videos about the gamergate controversy and the alt right as well specifically, or his videos about the beginners guide and competitive smash) doing a great video on adventure games and the meaning of genre

Also it has a reference we all will love

I've playing the hell out of CTR Nitro-Fueled and man, it's just so awesome. I'm admittedly not as much of a gamer as I was growing up, but the game I always had the most fun with and the one I've played the most is by far Crash Team Racing, so to see it get a big HD remake in the style of the N. Sane Trilogy was so amazing. All they had to do to please me was just remaster it with a fresh coat of paint and I'd have been satisfied. But they went all out and it's really just incredible how much effort and detail went into it. The fact that they included tracks from Nitro Kart is crazy! I'm so used to pretty much every Crash game post-PS1 being disregarded so to see the CNK tracks be part of the game as well was just so cool and they feel so much better in Nitro-Fueled than they did in the original Nitro Kart imo. But the practically unlimited amount of customization you have in regards to your characters and carts is what takes it over the top for me. It's just such a great experience to see a game you revere so much brought back and treated with so much care.

Completed Yooka-Laylee last night. I enjoyed it as it has much of the Banjo-Kazooie flair, but certain bits could have been more polished. The final boss took a bit of working out but once the tactic was worked out it was a good fight.

Anyone else played/completed it?
I completed it back when it came out. I thought it was a lot of fun and delivered what the Kickstarter promised. It had a few annoyances, but stayed pretty true to the genres it was paying tribute to.

Back