Everything Video Games!

Yeah, VII was also my first FF but the contrarian in me never embraced it as a favorite. I think I like IX better because the graphics are somewhat superior and the soundtrack is just superb. Oddly I’ve only played it on iOS (three full playthroughs!), which is why I bought it again on the Switch. If you liked VII, I would definitely recommend IX.

I should try VII again because I never did a completionist run. Never beat Ruby or Emerald weapon, etc. I hope it will feel easier than it did 20 years ago!
Yeah, that's the part that seemed easier to me. A lot easier to prepare if you cheat and get advice from the internet though. I guess gamefaqs was probably around back then, but I never used it. IX was my second one. I think I replayed it right after and loved it as much as I remember too, except that damn jump rope game! I never played VIII for some reason.

Enjoy!

I have Xbox Game Pass for the next month. What should I play? Like adventure games and RPG games are probably too complex for me in general though I'm willing to try.

I was going to suggest Kingdom Come Deliverance if it's still on there! But that's definitely on the "Complicated" Spectrum of RPG's lol.. Check out some reviews of Plague Tale Innocence, A very solid, short, story driven game. You might dig that one!
As far as RPGs, have you tried Outer Worlds yet?

Also, I just finished RE3 Remake. I understand some of the criticism it's getting. But I thought it was *Chefs Kiss*

I was going to suggest Kingdom Come Deliverance if it's still on there! But that's definitely on the "Complicated" Spectrum of RPG's lol.. Check out some reviews of Plague Tale Innocence, A very solid, short, story driven game. You might dig that one!
As far as RPGs, have you tried Outer Worlds yet?
I haven't even heard of any of these but I will check them all out, thanks!

I have Xbox Game Pass for the next month. What should I play? Like adventure games and RPG games are probably too complex for me in general though I'm willing to try.

In taking a quick look at the Game Pass selection, there's some interesting options for shorter games:

- Overcooked 2 is wonderful and simple fun. Also great to play co-op, my girlfriend and I had an absolute blast playing through it.
- Braid is an old Xbox 360 indie game that is a fantastic platforming puzzle game that you should not miss (if you haven't played it already)
- What Remains of Edith Finch is one of the best examples of the "walking simulator" style of game, with an excellent story throughout
- I have not played it yet, but I've heard excellent things about The Messenger, which is a throwback to retro ninja side scrollers like Ninja Gaiden
- Gris is an incredibly unique and artistic platforming game that is a short-but-mesmerizing experience
- Thumper is the most intense rhythm game I've played, and the music is done by Brian from the band Lightning Bolt. Noisy techno metal that is the backdrop of a visually dizzying game that is addictive as hell!

In taking a quick look at the Game Pass selection, there's some interesting options for shorter games:

- Overcooked 2 is wonderful and simple fun. Also great to play co-op, my girlfriend and I had an absolute blast playing through it.
- Braid is an old Xbox 360 indie game that is a fantastic platforming puzzle game that you should not miss (if you haven't played it already)
- What Remains of Edith Finch is one of the best examples of the "walking simulator" style of game, with an excellent story throughout
- I have not played it yet, but I've heard excellent things about The Messenger, which is a throwback to retro ninja side scrollers like Ninja Gaiden
- Gris is an incredibly unique and artistic platforming game that is a short-but-mesmerizing experience
- Thumper is the most intense rhythm game I've played, and the music is done by Brian from the band Lightning Bolt. Noisy techno metal that is the backdrop of a visually dizzying game that is addictive as hell!
I haven't played shit! I bought my Xbox a couple years ago literally just to play NHL. Only got the game pass since it was bundled with Xbox Live for a dollar for a month so I could play Dauntless with some PC buddies while we're all stuck inside. Thanks for the recs, I'll check them out (when I'm not replaying Wind Waker again)!

I haven't played shit! I bought my Xbox a couple years ago literally just to play NHL. Only got the game pass since it was bundled with Xbox Live for a dollar for a month so I could play Dauntless with some PC buddies while we're all stuck inside. Thanks for the recs, I'll check them out (when I'm not replaying Wind Waker again)!

No problem! Most of these are either short or easy "pick up and play" games. What other style of games do you normally like playing?

Ah, none really! Love the Zelda games when I was younger but have not been playing at all in well over a decade.
Love seeing the reaction of folks who loved zelda as a kid play breath of the wild for the first time. If you ever get your hands on a switch or wii u, strongly recommend.

Ooh, Thumper is a lot of fun. I have the PSVR version, and I highly recommend that version if you have PSVR

I've been replaying The Messenger recently, and can confirm it is really great. Tight platforming, lots of comedy, a few unexpected twists, and one of my favorite game soundtracks. Great example of taking NES and SNES staples and running with it to propel the genre further.

Also to add to everyone else's suggestions, I'd like to add these.

Doom 2016
Enter The Gungeon - bullet hell rogue like that I'll never finish. So good I own it on Switch and PC as well. Actually, maybe don't try this one if you haven't yet, you might end up playing it only.
Guacamelee 1 & 2 - more platforming goodness. Has a unique combat system based on Luchador wrestling. Also has lots of humor and heart.
Metro series - Three games total. The games get more open in each sequel, but are all pretty short (8-15 hours each). Post apocalyptic shooters taking place in russia after nuclear fallout, forcing the survivors to live in the Metro tunnels.
Ori 1 & 2. More Metroidvania platforming. These games feature emotional storytelling, gorgeous visuals, satisfying platforing, and great soundtracks.
Yoku's Island Express. Answers that question we've all asked: "what if they made Pinball into a Metroidvania?"

In review, I really like Metroidvania's. I'd normally recommend Hollow Knight above all else, but that first playthrough takes forever (20+ hours for the simplest to obtain ending). Took me 50+ to get the 100% ending

Said fuck it and got both Doom and Skyrim (again), cus we're in hell.

I thought I had exhausted my Skyrim experience but I dove into it again last month and had a blast.

I'm now playing BOTW again. I've played through it 3 times before but this is my first time on Master Mode. So far it's been thrilling. This game is the GOAT.

Back