Everything Video Games!

Finished my first playthrough of Valkyrie Elysium today. I looked up what needs to be done to platinum and yeah, nah. I'm in no hurry to try to platinum the game.

Two of the trophies are difficulty based. You have to do a complete playthrough at the specified difficulty levels.
There are also 4 possible different endings. And you get one at random upon completing the game. You need to get all 4 endings (There is a trophy for each ending and a trophy for getting all 4 endings).

Overall, there wasn't as much story as I would have liked, but it was a good RPG overall. Definitely worth the first playthrough. But not going to play it a minimum of 3 more times to try to platinum anytime soon.

Picked Control back up last night. I gave up on it almost a year ago ater I couldn't get past the first mission. I would just get my ass handed to me in the gun fights and never get passed it.

I finally got passed it last night with the help of the hints, showing me where to hide and what the best angles are.

Got to mission 3, and the first encounter there I can't get passed. I have tried literally 100 times so far this morning and I'm pretty sure I'm stuck again.

What am I doing wrong. Am I missing something? There are just too many guys with guns here to hide behind something, they sneak up around you and kill you. Taking them on head on is impossible. And the throwing of objects maybe gets two people before I have to wait for it to recover and I'm dead by the time it does.

Finally got past that encounter. I just had to keep doing it until I was lucky enough not to get hit by any shots and was able to take everyone out.

I don't see any difficulty settings on this game, but it feels like it's a very high difficulty, not anything like story mode on other games.

I got though The Last of Us Part I and Part II just fine with the standard moderate difficulty. Why am I having so much trouble with this game.

I guess I just died too much at the start of the Control and didn't have enough source to do any upgrades. It made it near impossible. Once I got to about mission 4 or so and started unlocking upgrades and filling out the skills tree it got easier. Don't get me wrong, there are still some hard battles that take several attempts, still a challenge, but not impossible.

I guess I just died too much at the start of the Control and didn't have enough source to do any upgrades. It made it near impossible. Once I got to about mission 4 or so and started unlocking upgrades and filling out the skills tree it got easier. Don't get me wrong, there are still some hard battles that take several attempts, still a challenge, but not impossible.
What did you put your upgrades into? You could easily choose the wrong things and make it harder than it needs to be

I always try to make everything level across the board.
I would not do that in this game tbh. You’re better off finding your play style and going up one of the skill trees. I found Launch extremely helpful. Immediately in battles I would just use it and release whatever right at enemies. But that’s just me.

Well, I finally did it. The packaging for the Series X was pretty impressive in an armored vehicle kind of way. For a box with 5 items, it was thiiiiiic.
I still have my 360 but it’s been almost 2 years since I’ve turned that on and I skipped the One.
Tried some Halo earlier. I suuuck. I used to be slightly above average back in the day, but I need some training.
Dabbled with Star Wars: Battlefront because I’ve missed all of those games.
Looking forward to exploring more and finding the time to do it!

C788C6C5-37A1-423F-A0B0-A78BFF7712EE.jpeg

RIP Overwatch

01BABBAE-C46C-43AC-AC1A-4BFC7D4CAA57.jpeg

I have so many fond memories of this game. 2016 - 2017 I was going through a lot but almost every night my friends and I would stay up all night playing it. After a bit of a break I got them back into it and we spent many nights this year enjoying it again. I’m glad I got to play it last night and get one last POTG before they end the game. I’m really not happy with the changes they are gonna make to OW2 so this may have been the last time I got to enjoy a game i truly loved

RIP Overwatch

View attachment 153030

I have so many fond memories of this game. 2016 - 2017 I was going through a lot but almost every night my friends and I would stay up all night playing it. After a bit of a break I got them back into it and we spent many nights this year enjoying it again. I’m glad I got to play it last night and get one last POTG before they end the game. I’m really not happy with the changes they are gonna make to OW2 so this may have been the last time I got to enjoy a game i truly loved
This was probably my GotY 2016. Had so much fun with it, and made great memories with friends. Sucks that Blizzard turned out to be so shit, and fumbled the bag.

This was probably my GotY 2016. Had so much fun with it, and made great memories with friends. Sucks that Blizzard turned out to be so shit, and fumbled the bag.
My GOTY was between Overwatch and Stardew Velley. Very happy with my choice to go with Stardew in the end but I remember really struggling with the choice

I played a TON of Overwatch when it came out, probably bought the game over 5 or 6 times falling into the lootbox trap. It was a lot of fun and the last video game my wife and I played together. Also the last one I felt decent at.

I picked up Dome Keeper today on Steam. It's a neat little base defense rogue-like. I'm not sure how much I'll keep up with it, but I respect what it does. Not nearly as addictive as Risk of Rain, but visually charming and difficult... Honestly I wish it were less difficult, I'm such a casual these days.

My PS5 controller developed drift on the left joystick over the weekend. It keeps acting like I'm holding it full on left if I'm not interacting with it.

Is this something I can fix myself or am I looking to send away and have serviced or replace?

I played a TON of Overwatch when it came out, probably bought the game over 5 or 6 times falling into the lootbox trap. It was a lot of fun and the last video game my wife and I played together. Also the last one I felt decent at.

I picked up Dome Keeper today on Steam. It's a neat little base defense rogue-like. I'm not sure how much I'll keep up with it, but I respect what it does. Not nearly as addictive as Risk of Rain, but visually charming and difficult... Honestly I wish it were less difficult, I'm such a casual these days.

That first Halloween and xmas event I spent and absurd amount of money on Loot boxes. I really had to take a step back from that to see what a problem it was. Thankfully I stopped caring about the cosmetics quickly after that

My PS5 controller developed drift on the left joystick over the weekend. It keeps acting like I'm holding it full on left if I'm not interacting with it.

Is this something I can fix myself or am I looking to send away and have serviced or replace?
Got a soldering iron?

Got a soldering iron?

I don't. Probably cheaper to buy a new controller than all the gear I need to fix :oops:

Wish the Duelsense Edge controller had a release date. One if its features is replaceable stick modules.

I finally did it, I have finished my 3rd playthrough of Elden Ring, and got the last 2 Achievements that I needed. Finished off this playthrough in half the time of my 1st and New Game+ playthroughs. Total time: 225 hours across all playthroughs. I got the Chaos Flame, Normal, and Ranni endings, in that order. Feeling a little empty, though I know I can go back at anytime and start a new character.

Back