Everything Video Games!

of course!!! have played the whole thing and then some

umm, for the past couple of years, every time i tried recommending xc2 to people, they either never play it or start it for like the first two chapters and completely drop it,

xc2 is for sure one of my favorite games of all time. (it's either my number one or number two in total). but it does have some flaws, mostly in the fact that the game's battle system is very complex and the tutorials are not very direct. battle system in xc2 is extremely fun and satisfying, but most casual players never get to see why bc the game's early chapters are not novice-friendly. definitely not the type of game to play if you never played a JRPG/ action-rpg. also, other people on launch didnt like the "anime" direction this game took with design and story-telling. at this point, it's become such a tiresome argument that all i'll say about it is that going into xenoblade 2 expecting something exactly like the first xenoblade is definitely the wrong thing to do. xenoblade 2 is a great game, but you either love it from the start or you come to love it by the end of it if you stick with it.

sooooo, tl:dr xenoblade 2 might take double the amount of time and effort xc1 did, definitely go into it with the mentality that you wanna sink all your free time into it.

EDIT: p.s. xc2 also has a gacha system in its game, if you absolutely hate gachas, then you will probably not like this game lmao

Thanks, this is a very helpful review. I must say that it’s intimidating that the learning curve for XC2 is even steeper than XC1’s… I felt like it took me a long time in XC1 to figure out what was going on during battle!

I’m now reading up on the gacha system, and it actually sounds intriguing in the context of this game. I enjoy replaying RPGs and it appears that this system adds some variance between playthroughs. I’m gonna think about it for a bit, but at this point I’m 90% sure I’ll end up playing XC2 within the next year.

just grabbed Saints Row 4 for under $3.00 on the eShop. not sure when I'll start it but at that price I had to add it to the backlog.

started Catherine: Full Body recently as I never played it before. weird game but I'm definitely getting sucked into the story... looking forward to see where this one goes.

just grabbed Saints Row 4 for under $3.00 on the eShop. not sure when I'll start it but at that price I had to add it to the backlog.

started Catherine: Full Body recently as I never played it before. weird game but I'm definitely getting sucked into the story... looking forward to see where this one goes.
Love Catherine, haven’t played Full Body yet though

it's wired because I know that Rin is an added character that wasn't in the original, but having never played the original I can't imagine how the the game would be without her
It’s gotta be better than when they added Marie to Persona 4 for the PS Vita Golden Version, I absolutely couldn’t stand her story arc or addition to the lore

It’s gotta be better than when they added Marie to Persona 4 for the PS Vita Golden Version, I absolutely couldn’t stand her story arc or addition to the lore
I don't really know much about the Persona games but I understand that it's loosely related to, or sort of in the same universe as Catherine and SMT. but in this case the character Rin is so involved in the actual story it's strange to think of a version that doesn't include her. if you loved the original it might be with checking out Full Body since it seems to add some significant content to the narrative, though there's always the risk of not enjoying the added content like you mentioned with P4.

I don't really know much about the Persona games but I understand that it's loosely related to, or sort of in the same universe as Catherine and SMT. but in this case the character Rin is so involved in the actual story it's strange to think of a version that doesn't include her. if you loved the original it might be with checking out Full Body since it seems to add some significant content to the narrative, though there's always the risk of not enjoying the added content like you mentioned with P4.
I’ll look into it!

GameStop is doing an instore drop of PS5 and XBOX Series S's tomorrow.

Must be a Power Up Rewards Pro Member.

i want a PS5 sooo bad, but every time there’s a chance for me, something comes up and/or i just dont have the funds.

im hoping by my birth month (April), I’ll be able to do one of these restock drops

It's been a while, but I have a fresh Binding of Isaac update coming in hot! Haven't played in probably around 2 weeks, decided to do a run today with Tainted Maggie. I had this crazy run in which I had max hp (almost essential for her), really high tear rate with 20/20 (double shots, but small damage down) and some OK tear effects. I got 0 damage ups the entire run, except for adrenaline, which gives small boosts to damage as your health goes down. My base damage was 1.98 and at best, it was around 6. The tear rate and effects saved me, and I also had a couple companions and the sharp straw. This item is stupid good for the harder bosses, and with what should have been a meh run at best, I ended up getting the completion marks for Blue Baby, Hush, Delirium and Mega Satan, all in one run! All I have left for that character is Greedier. Onward to Tainted Cain and his bag of crafting!

I haven't been playing that game because I've been playing others. Still playing Fallout 76, still having a lot of fun slowly doing the story stuff and mostly doing the daily stuff. Never thought I'd be into something like that, but the unlocks for your Camp are fun to try and obtain. Also still playing Horizon. I've done all the side quests and been everywhere on the map, and am working through the main story. I just got through the part where you find out what Zero Dawn is. Does anyone know if there are more side quests that show up as you progress the story? Anyways, I'm also slowly playing through Metroid Dread. Just did the underwater boss last night, that one was a pain. Feels like you take a ton of damage in this game, and death is always very near. Still a great game so far, I'll have more thoughts there once I finish it.

Finally, my wife got me the Tony Hawk 1&2 remake for Christmas. Played a couple hours of it, and I'm in love. Still feels like the same old game - I nailed the button combo for the 900 AND the Varial McTwist with Tony Hawk first guess each. Love that they had the old characters along with some newer faces. Been out of the skating world for a long time now, so seeing Riley Hawk as a full grown adult was surreal. Also like that the old soundtrack is there, along with some new songs to boot. Game feels modern, but keeps almost everything that made it great. I say almost everything, because the neversoft intro video is not there - not surprised, just a part of starting the game that is forever burned into my mind and one aspect veterans will miss. That being said, other companies take note, THIS is how you do a remake proper!

Got some Black Friday / early December sales. Since I’m off work I hit THPS 1&2 along with Paper Mario Origami King, Hot Wheels Unleashed. The kids and I are having a good time with the Switch !

Back