Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

There are easier ways to stop Mather's compulsive equipment buying than turning this into a car thread, y'all.

I got two VPI tubes in the other day and just got one on the VPI. Nice to be able to clean records again.
Buy the Delryn tube and you are good to go. The regular plastic ones aren’t so great.

What the hecking heck is a rotary mixer? Do I need one?
Can I use it to make pancakes?
I need one don't I ohhhhhhh farts
They look like this
Studio-Session-2-215_1080x.png

So of course you need one

@Mather How about these Line Magnetic LM-212 monoblocks? They’re also WE clones, and available for a mere $62k USD, on AliExpress no less.

View attachment 198773

The even crazier part is supposedly they’ve sold 103 sets …. On AliExpress! Now that’s audacious AF!
That’s 103 homes burnt down

Does anyone have any suggestions for an RCA toggle switch box with like 3 or more inputs that wouldn't inpact the sound at all but just passthrough?
I've made some recent changes to my setup and currently its looking like this:

Turntable > Phono Preamp > Tone Control > Int Amp (input1) > Passive Speakers
Cassette player > Int Amp (input2) > Passive Speakers
CD player > Int amp (input3) > Passive Speakers

I guess the idea is I was trying to eliminate my subwoofer from the set up and have the tone fill in the low end. This is working well for the turntable but I want to use the Tone control for Tape & CD as well. I was thinking of doing all 3 sources into a RCA Switchbox that goes into Tone Control that just goes into one of the inputs in the int amp. Or maybe a passive preamp with 3 inputs would work too? I'm also open to ideas of how to set this up differently if anyone has any suggestions. I'm trying to simplify the set up as much as I can.

Back