Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Subaru. Ours has been great and they still seem great. My F150 with the mice attracting fuel lines on the other hand and their current crappy bodies means I’d probably not repeat that in the future.

I'm looking either Subaru or another Honda (accord or civic).

My current Civic is a 2009...
I miss my Crosstrek, but I work from home and my daughter needed a car............damn parental responsibility, lol. I'm holding out for a few years before buying something, but replacing the Crosstrek is high on the list.
20211120_153811.jpg

Well after cleaning about 50 albums with the Degritter I can honestly say I'm pretty dang impressed with this thing. I'd say about 50% of the albums the difference is immediately noticeable in terms of how quiet they are now. Anything vintage is almost always improved in terms of pops and background hiss, just dead quiet. Not really news as I mean that's what an ultrasonic can do but yeah. It's noticeable, and the ease of use... oh man, the idea that I cleaned 50 records in the last 3 days and barely noticed is just... magic.

Well after cleaning about 50 albums with the Degritter I can honestly say I'm pretty dang impressed with this thing. I'd say about 50% of the albums the difference is immediately noticeable in terms of how quiet they are now. Anything vintage is almost always improved in terms of pops and background hiss, just dead quiet. Not really news as I mean that's what an ultrasonic can do but yeah. It's noticeable, and the ease of use... oh man, the idea that I cleaned 50 records in the last 3 days and barely noticed is just... magic.

Yeah convenience, automation and better sounding records is definitely a winning mix!

I’m not sure about this music gear talk in the motoring thread though 😂

I miss my Crosstrek, but I work from home and my daughter needed a car............damn parental responsibility, lol. I'm holding out for a few years before buying something, but replacing the Crosstrek is high on the list.
View attachment 198122
How do you spot your car in car park with such a subtle colour??

Curious how loud it is compared to the HG…the auto drain and refill feature is quite nice. Feel like I’d clean records more quickly

Curious how loud it is compared to the HG…the auto drain and refill feature is quite nice. Feel like I’d clean records more quickly
Full clean and dry on medium setting takes 7 minutes. Shortest is 5 minutes, longer is 9, longest about 11. It's quieter than the HG, there's no squeal just a hiss. After the machine warms up the hiss drops to almost inaudible over the low fan noise when it's running. The dryer fan can be adjusted in terms of speed/power so you can tailor that. The fan is by far the loudest part but like I said, can be adjusted.

Hot off the presses at TMR:

After ordering my 8’s, Nick at TMR called and offered me 10’s for the same price, $1999 a pair. They have black and walnut.

He gave me permission to share. My room is too small for 10’s…

Do with this what you will. Good luck and report back to the Incoming! thread if you purchase!

After ordering my 8’s, Nick at TMR called and offered me 10’s for the same price, $1999 a pair. They have black and walnut.

Do with this what you will. Good luck and report back to the Incoming! thread if you purchase!
Boy, I have always wanted to hear these, but my wife would disembowel me.

Are you talking about MoFi SourcePoint 10 speakers? That's an amazing deal.

Last edited:
So far in my audio journey I’ve only had integrated amps. I’m wanting to try a class D amps, mono blocks, and other amps and thinking that I should invest in a good preamp and then get different power amps.

Preamps I’m considering in the $4k and under range include:
- Naim Uniti Atom HE
- Parasound P6
- Schiit Kara or Freya
- Cambridge Audio Edge NQ
- PrimaLuna EVO 300
- LTA Microzotl
- Black Ice Audio F360

Anyone here have any experience with any of these Preamps or other suggestions?
If you’re still looking, TMR has a preowned Benchmark LA-4 for $2,199, and you may be able to negotiate that a bit.

Back