Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Only at an audio show. They worked as advertised.

I debated getting one for a long time, but I determined that ultimately it would go against my all-analog philosophy for the vinyl setup. If running the audio through a digital processor does not bother you on some ideological level, they work extremely well.
This is is exactly the kind of feedback I was seeking, thank you. As far as the digital situation I don’t think it will bother me, my dream setup at this point would include that Technics integrated that digitizes everything.

Does anyone have any first hand experience with any of the Sweet Vinyl Sugar Cube devices ?
Do you have a Humminguru? Assuming your vinyl is in good shape, it’ll pretty much make surface noise a thing of the past. It’s a whole lot less money, and clean vinyl is important- Sugar Cube or no.

Did you ever get your channel issue solved?

Do you have a Humminguru? Assuming your vinyl is in good shape, it’ll pretty much make surface noise a thing of the past. It’s a whole lot less money, and clean vinyl is important- Sugar Cube or no.

Did you ever get your channel issue solved?
I ultrasonically clean records but when it comes to older records almost none are pressed well and even when you find clean copies they still have pressing flaws. Plus with so many records my vg+ copy was $15 but for me to get a NM copy on demand it’s $50-$100.

As for the channel issue it has yet to present itself again after changing interconnects between pre and power amps but if its indeed not vinyl playback specific then it would be amp or speaker so I’m just waiting for it to happen again.

I ultrasonically clean records but when it comes to older records almost none are pressed well and even when you find clean copies they still have pressing flaws. Plus with so many records my vg+ copy was $15 but for me to get a NM copy on demand it’s $50-$100.

As for the channel issue it has yet to present itself again after changing interconnects between pre and power amps but if its indeed not vinyl playback specific then it would be amp or speaker so I’m just waiting for it to happen again.
Doesn’t the Puffin (or whatever it’s called now) do a similar thing to the sugarcube for a fraction of the price?

Doesn’t the Puffin (or whatever it’s called now) do a similar thing to the sugarcube for a fraction of the price?

I have plenty of clean perfectly pressed older records. In fact, I bet clean copy wise, probably a much higher percentage than new. Lots of warps and igd in older records have to do with poor maintenance.

I’m
Yeah some of my best sounding records are those super thin late 70s/early 80s pressings.
I agree with both of you, however there’s labels where most of if not their entire original output was on inferior pvc I.e. chess/checker/argo, Tamla/motown/gordy, Atlantic, early Columbia, black jazz, mercury/emarcy, etc.

I’m

I agree with both of you, however there’s labels where most of if not their entire original output was on inferior pvc I.e. chess/checker/argo, Tamla/motown/gordy, Atlantic, early Columbia, black jazz, mercury/emarcy, etc.

I think the only ones of those I have are some Motown but I mostly have Japanese pressings of those. I also have very few old US pressings, nearly all are UK/Europe or Japanese.

i tried to do a quick look, but anybody know if MD's 60 day return policy works on headphones that are open box? i wanna test out some new headphones and MD has them for a good price open box but want to give them a test drive before committing to them...

i tried to do a quick look, but anybody know if MD's 60 day return policy works on headphones that are open box? i wanna test out some new headphones and MD has them for a good price open box but want to give them a test drive before committing to them...
No idea, you could ask them…

since i might embrace my Kinki side...been eyeing a used Kinki Studios EX-M1. And I could very well be an idiot, but is it possible at all to use headphones with it? Or would I need to buy something else to hook up to use headphones?

@mindhead1 look what you’ve done 😂

since i might embrace my Kinki side...been eyeing a used Kinki Studios EX-M1. And I could very well be an idiot, but is it possible at all to use headphones with it? Or would I need to buy something else to hook up to use headphones?

I think you’d probably have to use a headphone amp somewhere in the chain as there’s no headphone jack, which would be potentially a faf as you’d have to manage a few volume knobs.

I could be wrong though? Not too sure.

Back