Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Yes, but i just want to shit post here. I don't wanna work here too.
I almost asked if this was I don't want to do work when not working thing. I remember back when I was a transporter (I walked an average of 18 miles a day when I actually was on the floor), I volunteered to be the department heart walk captain. None of the transporters wanted to be involved as a participant because it was "too much walking." lol

I almost asked if this was I don't want to do work when not working thing. I remember back when I was a transporter (I walked an average of 18 miles a day when I actually was on the floor), I volunteered to be the department heart walk captain. None of the transporters wanted to be involved as a participant because it was "too much walking." lol
Damn, that would have been a great job for me when I was younger. I would have earned my beer drinking after that much walking.

I miss beer.
I miss whiskey more than beer. So... the plan is when we pay off the house we are going to the UK, see the sites in England and visit distilleries in Scottland. See Ireland. My wife has decided she will pretend like Gluten doesn't matter and I will act my liver doesn't want me to die. It'll be a party!!!

I miss whiskey more than beer. So... the plan is when we pay off the house we are going to the UK, see the sites in England and visit distilleries in Scottland. See Ireland. My wife has decided she will pretend like Gluten doesn't matter and I will act my liver doesn't want me to die. It'll be a party!!!
That sounds like what I’m planning for my 50th!!

Except for seeing the sites.

And bringing my wife.

Interesting, not really a review in as much a discussion with the engineer. He also says we’re wrong and they SHOULD be in a small room. I’m not buying a set but now I wonder if maybe @Mather heard them they way they are supposed to be heard.

Interesting, not really a review in as much a discussion with the engineer. He also says we’re wrong and they SHOULD be in a small room. I’m not buying a set but now I wonder if maybe @Mather heard them they way they are supposed to be heard.

They looked so absolutely ridiculous in that tiny room that even if it's correct I could never sit in a room with them looking like that without laughing.

I received my cover for my P8 from J Display Case. They do custom jobs, so I sized it to fit around the acrylic stand I used. Super clear acrylic, no hazing, fits great. First time I had a cover like this. His lead times are about 6-7 months, but I’m very happy with the work.

IMG_0752.jpegIMG_0753.jpeg

Instead of just buying a new cart and stylus to fix my Frankenstein set up, I went and bought a new turntable (project debut carbon evo) because that is more fun. Needle seems to be riding real low. Tracking for for the cart (sumiko rainer) says 1.8-2g. Thoughts?

Other issue is I get some ransoms pops here and there. Static?

I’m using the felt mat that came with it, will probably by the cork-it mat eventually.

Instead of just buying a new cart and stylus to fix my Frankenstein set up, I went and bought a new turntable (project debut carbon evo) because that is more fun. Needle seems to be riding real low. Tracking for for the cart (sumiko rainer) says 1.8-2g. Thoughts?

I’m using the felt mat that came with it, will probably by the cork-it mat eventually.

Some cartridges just ride really low. I have the older model of that table and both the 2M blue and the Grado Opus ran really fucking low. Once the tonearm is parallel when you’re playing the record and you’ve set the weight right with a digital scale you should be fine.

Crackle could be static but could also be a better cartridge picking up more from any gunk on the record depending on how it’s being cleaned.

Yeah, what @Joe Mac said. As long as the arm is parallel and the tracking force is properly set, the rest is up to the cart! As for random pops, I'm going to go with dust or other crap on the record. I feel like static wouldn't be quite so random. How are you cleaning your records? And are you giving them a final brushing (on the turntable) before play? This little puppy works quite well, at a price that can't be beat.

Amazon product ASIN B08113TFRV

Yeah, what @Joe Mac said. As long as the arm is parallel and the tracking force is properly set, the rest is up to the cart! As for random pops, I'm going to go with dust or other crap on the record. I feel like static wouldn't be quite so random. How are you cleaning your records? And are you giving them a final brushing (on the turntable) before play? This little puppy works quite well, at a price that can't be beat.

Amazon product ASIN B08113TFRV

I’m using an anti-static brush when I put them on. When I take the record off the felt mat damn near comes up with it. I’ve ordered the cork-it mat and it should be here Monday. Hopefully that will help

Records cleaned with spin clean and put into an anti-static inner sleeve

Back