Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

I’m using an anti-static brush when I put them on. When I take the record off the felt mat damn near comes up with it. I’ve ordered the cork-it mat and it should be here Monday. Hopefully that will help

Records cleaned with spin clean and put into an anti-static inner sleeve

Yeah that does sound like static alright! Acrylic is better again and if you fancy an upgrade down the path mine came with this platter that doesn’t need a mat and sounds great!

Yeah that does sound like static alright! Acrylic is better again and if you fancy an upgrade down the path mine came with this platter that doesn’t need a mat and sounds great!

Yes, I’ve seen that. I also read a few comments on Reddit that I wouldn’t see much difference between the acrylic platter that the new platter on the evo 🤷🏼‍♂️

Will see how the cork goes on Monday and go from there

Yes, I’ve seen that. I also read a few comments on Reddit that I wouldn’t see much difference between the acrylic platter that the new platter on the evo 🤷🏼‍♂️

Will see how the cork goes on Monday and go from there

They have supposedly improved the new platter so that it has a greater mass and balance which helps with the speed stability for sure. Whether that’s to the same level as the acrylic platter i can’t comment, I’ve not heard it. I’d still prefer acrylic as a material to interface with the record. Maybe if they are correct the compromise upgrade down the line to get the best of both worlds is a really nice acrylic mat like the 3mm funk firm acromat.

I’ve had mine 10 years now and there are definitely stretch in the turntable with the right upgrades. But for now, just enjoy it!

They have supposedly improved the new platter so that it has a greater mass and balance which helps with the speed stability for sure. Whether that’s to the same level as the acrylic platter i can’t comment, I’ve not heard it. I’d still prefer acrylic as a material to interface with the record. Maybe if they are correct the compromise upgrade down the line to get the best of both worlds is a really nice acrylic mat like the 3mm funk firm acromat.

I’ve had mine 10 years now and there are definitely stretch in the turntable with the right upgrades. But for now, just enjoy it!

I’ve got Hudson hi-fi acrylic mat I could use but wouldn’t that throw off the vta? Felt is 1mm, acrylic mat is 3mm

The felt is only 1mm? Wow that’s way thinner than the norm! Ignore me then!

Yeah, from what limited info I could find online it seems to be 🤷🏼‍♂️

Went through the the counterweight and tracking force set up and i didn’t have it right the first time. Got it all fixed up after watching a set up video on YouTube. A little more room between cartridge and record now

Yeah, from what limited info I could find online it seems to be 🤷🏼‍♂️

Went through the the counterweight and tracking force set up and i didn’t have it right the first time. Got it all fixed up after watching a set up video on YouTube. A little more room between cartridge and record now

Mad! It used to be 3mm! Given it still uses the same size of acryl-it platter as the upgrade I’m guessing the new metal platter is a couple of mm thicker than the old model.

Ah good but once you have the set up right and it’s not threatening to foul don’t be too paranoid, some cartridges are just bigger and so ride a little closer to the record than others.

Last edited:
Yeah, what @Joe Mac said. As long as the arm is parallel and the tracking force is properly set, the rest is up to the cart! As for random pops, I'm going to go with dust or other crap on the record. I feel like static wouldn't be quite so random. How are you cleaning your records? And are you giving them a final brushing (on the turntable) before play? This little puppy works quite well, at a price that can't be beat.

Amazon product ASIN B08113TFRV
And evidently endorsed by Thing in his Mickey Mouse costume.

I received my cover for my P8 from J Display Case. They do custom jobs, so I sized it to fit around the acrylic stand I used. Super clear acrylic, no hazing, fits great. First time I had a cover like this. His lead times are about 6-7 months, but I’m very happy with the work.

View attachment 179363View attachment 179364
To me, this is the ultimate way to showcase your deck - on top of a shelving unit with a dust cover like this, components horizontal. Zero shade to my vertical folks out there! I just love it like this.

To me, this is the ultimate way to showcase your deck - on top of a shelving unit with a dust cover like this, components horizontal. Zero shade to my vertical folks out there! I just love it like this.

Space space space. I’d like my tube amp to be on display on top of a long shelf like this too!

Last edited:
I received my cover for my P8 from J Display Case. They do custom jobs, so I sized it to fit around the acrylic stand I used. Super clear acrylic, no hazing, fits great. First time I had a cover like this. His lead times are about 6-7 months, but I’m very happy with the work.

Looks really cool. What mat are you using on the P8?

Here’s the before and after.

Update: cork mat arrived, just as many static pops as the felt. Don’t feel the need to spend $150 more on acrylic platter when I’ve already spent almost $700 on TT and mat, just to see if it will play fine.

Boxed it all up and sending it back tomorrow. Dont think I had one record that played through without any popping. Didn’t have any issues like that on my audio technica with an acrylic mat. The pro-ject sounded great between pops though 🤷🏼‍♂️

Has a nice Ocean's Thirteen look

Back