Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

That's what I'm using for my TV/Sonos setup now (ARC). I'm running the Sonos beam + two of the Ikea Sonos bookshelf speakers as rear surround. The only downside is I still need to figure out the best stands for those Ikea sonos rears...there don't seem to be many options last time I checked!

Ah nice! I got the flexson stands for the play 1’s and they’re really nice and hide the power cable. Probably don’t work for the IKEA ones though!

Ah the beam uses HDMI? My playbase is still on the old school optical, it limits it to Dolby Digital 5.1 but that’s still plenty for my set up!

I don't have a new TV yet. Waiting for my tax refund this week and still deciding what to go with. I'll probably roll the dice on a Hisense H9G because it gets good reviews. I'm not sure if it has HDMI our or not.
The tv might have separate RCA audio outs too, some do. Then you wouldn't need a converter box. But if it doesn't then I'd go HDMI to component out. That'll cut down one extra cable.

Ah nice! I got the flexson stands for the play 1’s and they’re really nice and hide the power cable. Probably don’t work for the IKEA ones though!

Ah the beam uses HDMI? My playbase is still on the old school optical, it limits it to Dolby Digital 5.1 but that’s still plenty for my set up!
Yea--If I were Ikea, I'd advertise more that you can use them for wireless surround. Not many people seem to realize that. They are quite good value. $99 a piece. They are pretty large in comparison to the Play 1s though so I may eventually see if I can get some cheap Play 1s and try to pair those and just use the Ikea ones in other rooms.

The Beam has only HDMI and ethernet in the back in terms of wired connections. And then you can use Airplay2 and I can connect it with Roon. Our TV has a little box for all the HDMI inputs and it runs through Arc so no need for a receiver anymore.

Yea--If I were Ikea, I'd advertise more that you can use them for wireless surround. Not many people seem to realize that. They are quite good value. $99 a piece. They are pretty large in comparison to the Play 1s though so I may eventually see if I can get some cheap Play 1s and try to pair those and just use the Ikea ones in other rooms.

The Beam has only HDMI and ethernet in the back in terms of wired connections. And then you can use Airplay2 and I can connect it with Roon. Our TV has a little box for all the HDMI inputs and it runs through Arc so no need for a receiver anymore.

Yeah mine is exactly the same but it just has an optical in rather than a HDMI because it’s an older piece of gear. My tele has DD 5.1 pass through on the optical so it works perfectly, I’ve the tv speaker disabled and it works just as it if was the TVs built in speakers, right down to volume control. So little hassle!

The tv might have separate RCA audio outs too, some do. Then you wouldn't need a converter box. But if it doesn't then I'd go HDMI to component out. That'll cut down one extra cable.
Thanks. It says the only output is optical. Why would I use for HDMI to component?

I do mine differently. I’m running digital out from each component to a DAC then from the dac to the amp. So one input fir computer audio, one for my cable box and one for Blu Ray. I did need an HDMI break out box to extract digital signal from the Roku though. No audio at all from the TV this way.

You could just run RCAs from each source as well straight to your amp. You’d still need the box to get signal from the Roku if you have one.

Is it off level or is that just the photo’s perspective. The front left foot looks further depressed than the others from what I can see.
Look at you being all observant, lol.

That's what I'm waiting on, they need to settle in for a while, but, what you see is a good thing actually. The motor and that side of the TT is one of it's heaviest points, so it should depress the foot more. Now, the question is how level will it be once it settles in, because the feet are not adjustable.

Look at you being all observant, lol.

That's what I'm waiting on, they need to settle in for a while, but, what you see is a good thing actually. The motor and that side of the TT is one of it's heaviest points, so it should depress the foot more. Now, the question is how level will it be once it settles in, because the feet are not adjustable.
I have Vibrapods under my PrimaLuna and had to use 4’s in front, but 5’s in the back due to the weight of the transformers.

And a very, very understanding wife.
His place looks SOOOO much neater and organized now. In past videos you could see expensive components just laying under old books and magazines. It was fun to scan the background for the Pass Labs headphone amp that was always mushed in between the debris, or the high end Sennheisers just left on top of a heap of stuff.

His place looks SOOOO much neater and organized now. In past videos you could see expensive components just laying under old books and magazines. It was fun to scan the background for the Pass Labs headphone amp that was always mushed in between the debris, or the high end Sennheisers just left on top of a heap of stuff.
I kind of assumed most of his videos were in a basement/work room rather than the main area of his home.

Back