Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

The Vincent will blow the Pluto out of the water. Much more low end and separation. I could hear things louder and clearer than before. I dont feel a rush to upgrade my phono at this point I'm that happy with it.
Oh I am not upgrading anything on my system at the office yet.

I am talking about upgrading the phono stage on my home system listed in my signature.

Oh I am not upgrading anything on my system at the office yet.

I am talking about upgrading the phono stage on my home system listed in my signature.
*turns phone to landscape* Oh there it is. Still browsing on mobile since the office firewall is strong. I'll defer to HiFiGuy on how this will sound with your home setup.

the 2M Blue.

I am watching some interesting comparisons between the StudioPhono and the Schiit Mani. Fascinating!

I'd go Vincent. I've seen reports of issues with the Ortofons (as the true output level is reportedly higher than specified) overloading the StudioPhono. When I had a review sample of the StudioPhono, I was using a cartridge with much lower output (MoFi Ultratracker).

I'd go Vincent. I've seen reports of issues with the Ortofons (as the true output level is reportedly higher than specified) overloading the StudioPhono. When I had a review sample of the StudioPhono, I was using a cartridge with much lower output (MoFi Ultratracker).

Good to know!

This video tests the Mofi vs the Schiit. @HiFi Guy i would love to know what you make of this.

This guy is extremely biased. Before I even watched what I could (he drives me nuts) I knew the Mani would win? Why? Because it always does with Ian. Schitt and Nagaoka. He's totally predictable.

Since they've corrected the RFI issue with the Schitt, I recommend it. It's a Pluto killer. The StudioPhono is competitive with the iPhono2. I had both side by side here for a couple of months. They sounded so alike- and the MoFi comes in at a much lower price. I no longer own or recommend the iPhono2 due to widespread reports of reliability issues.

This guy is extremely biased. Before I even watched what I could (he drives me nuts) I knew the Mani would win? Why? Because it always does with Ian. Schitt and Nagaoka. He's totally predictable.

Since they've corrected the RFI issue with the Schitt, I recommend it. It's a Pluto killer. The StudioPhono is competitive with the iPhono2. I had both side by side here for a couple of months. They sounded so alike- and the MoFi comes in at a much lower price. I no longer own or recommend the iPhono2 due to widespread reports of reliability issues.
Oh Ian :)

Thanks, @HiFi Guy ! That is good perspective. The Vincent Pho 8 or the Mofi are the frontrunners for me. You said the Vincent would be your pick. Awesome! Thank you!

Mine has developed a loose connection on the left side input. Sometimes it cuts out and I have to wiggle it to get the sound back. Next time I’m home I’ll be cracking it open to check and resolder the bits of required.

Man is that guy annoying....

Lol Ian ............"Hello Friends and Buddies" *Waving hands frantically in the air* ......................yeah I cant stomach him or his reviews either.

Last edited:
How is the instrument separation with the Vincent PHO-8? I love that it has a nice low end from what I’m reading! I just hope it wouldn’t take away too much from the rest of the spectrum.

How is the instrument separation with the Vincent PHO-8? I love that it has a nice low end from what I’m reading! I just hope it wouldn’t take away too much from the rest of the spectrum.

The bass goes deep and is punchy and tight if the music calls for it. That's what you notice and it's a byproduct of the outboard power supply. It's not overwhelming at all as far as the bass goes. It's really balanced top to bottom. I think you'll be very happy.

Keep in mind it will benefit from a power cord upgrade. The Pangeas are very nice and quite reasonably priced. I use the AC-14SE.

I guess the question would be, do you want actual base or unrealistic base............you know, the BOOM-BOOM-BOOM where you can't hear anything else ;)

The bass goes deep and is punchy and tight if the music calls for it. That's what you notice and it's a byproduct of the outboard power supply. It's not overwhelming at all as far as the bass goes. It's really balanced top to bottom. I think you'll be very happy.

Keep in mind it will benefit from a power cord upgrade. The Pangeas are very nice and quite reasonably priced. I use the AC-14SE.

I’m excited! Now that I’ve identified what I want to buy.... it’s time to work on the wife! 😂

She’s supportive of this stuff. I just have to submit a budget proposal form fully filled out in triplicate. Haha. I’ll get the approval stamp soon enough!

Thanks so much @HiFi Guy and the rest of you folks!

I’m excited! Now that I’ve identified what I want to buy.... it’s time to work on the wife! 😂

She’s supportive of this stuff. I just have to submit a budget proposal form fully filled out in triplicate. Haha. I’ll get the approval stamp soon enough!

Thanks so much @HiFi Guy and the rest of you folks!
I'm pretty sure Audio Advisor has open box pho-8's available for $249 with free shipping. You could take the $50 savings and get that power cord from them while you're at it... 😈

They might not show on their website, but I get their clearance email every week and they always have them. Might need to call them to get it.

Last edited:
Back