Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

@TenderLovingKiller® please talk me out of this...

$450 is a lot but TEAC made some fantastic stuff. It looks almost like NOS condition wise pristine and it sounds like the shop services all their stuff beforehand. I still prefer a dual cassette deck personally but man this looks minty. Looks like you could call them and find out more info too. Personally, I’d feel better spending $500 on this than $200 on the first one but I am not great with money either.

$450 is a lot but TEAC made some fantastic stuff. It looks almost like NOS condition wise pristine and it sounds like the shop services all their stuff beforehand. I still prefer a dual cassette deck personally but man this looks minty. Looks like you could call them and find out more info too. Personally, I’d feel better spending $500 on this than $200 on the first one but I am not great with money either.
Ha! I totally agree. Do I need a vintage cassette deck? Probably not.

Could I need one in the near future and be kicking myself for not pulling the trigger on this?

*shakes magic 8 ball*

I’m basically sitting to see what happens with the Fiio Cp13 when it launches. It’s a cassette walkman, but I don’t necessarily want a deck.

Like these guys?

I looked at that one. The only difference between it and the million you can buy on Amazon is construction quality and Bluetooth, which seems pointless on a Walkman but neat.

It’s the same mechanics and same problems as all the others currently on the market.

Fiio seems to make quality stuff -and cares about sound quality so the hope is that they will have built new mechanism tech or reverse engineered older tech for a better sound.

Cassette decks and cd players are a bit hamstrung by very few manufacturers making components needed.

We have a plethora of every bit of a turntable but the technology that replaced it is no man’s land.

I looked at that one. The only difference between it and the million you can buy on Amazon is construction quality and Bluetooth, which seems pointless on a Walkman but neat.

It’s the same mechanics and same problems as all the others currently on the market.

Fiio seems to make quality stuff -and cares about sound quality so the hope is that they will have built new mechanism tech or reverse engineered older tech for a better sound.

Cassette decks and cd players are a bit hamstrung by very few manufacturers making components needed.

We have a plethora of every bit of a turntable but the technology that replaced it is no man’s land.
Yeah, I have put off purchasing a serviced late 90s Sony Walkmen due to the high cost but newer cassettes player are such garbage you begin to appreciate the high cost. Haven’t checked out the Filo stuff yet but we are due for a decent new build.

Yeah, I have put off purchasing a serviced late 90s Sony Walkmen due to the high cost but newer cassettes player are such garbage you begin to appreciate the high cost. Haven’t checked out the Filo stuff yet but we are due for a decent new build.
It’s not out yet and no details (beyond color choices). I check Amazon and their site daily.

I think I prefer the slender aesthetic of Sony’s TBH. That looks a bit brick-ish.

I prefer something like a WM-609 or a WM-DDIII

Back