Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

SO I'M A BRUNCHCORE MOTHERFUCKER. IDC. I like them. They're fancy looking. I WANT FANCY THINGS.
I didn't say they weren't gorgeous, I just happen to think that French Bistros that have buck a shuck and five dollar mimosas before 6pm on weekdays are gorgeous. Sue me.

Last edited:
I didn't say they weren't gorgeous, I happen to think that French Bistros that have buck a shuck and five dollar mimosas before 6pm on weekdays are gorgeous. Sue me.
I REALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT BECAUSE I DON'T GO TO FRENCH BISTROS. buck a shuck sounds like some back alley shenanigans in White Chapel. I don't drink. I don't go places. I won't sue you because I like you.

I'm assuming buck a shuck is some oyster shenanigans. Which leads me to believe that would be quickly followed by a visit to the Emergency Room.

DAMMIT NOW I WANT SEAFOOD. And not any fucking dumbass bargain oysters... but oysters sound good. mmm.
Last time I was in Birmingham for a conference I went to this place there for chargrilled oysters that were insanely good. I used to go for Rockefeller or raw, but those grilled ones were another level.

Last time I was in Birmingham for a conference I went to this place there for chargrilled oysters that were insanely good. I used to go for Rockefeller or raw, but those grilled ones were another level.
I love you and I love oysters. I ain't going to BIRMINGHAM. (unless there is another Birmingham)

Best oysters I have ever had were at Catch in Wilmington. Dude was on Top Chef and won a James Beard award. Anyhow, he had dirty south oysters... they were roasted with barbecue sauce, cheese, bacon, and collards. One of the best bites of food I have ever had.

before new kid, my wife used to take me and her best friend on culinary excursions for our birthday. Her best friends bd is 8 days after mine.

A different friend is trying to upgrade his system from vintage/barely works to something new/better.

His budget is $650 +/- a little. He's thinking this

Receiver

Or

Speakers

Turn table

I told him I would go with a fluance rt-83 but that's because auto stop is important for me.

Anyone have thoughts/opinions?

Any thoughts on the Isoacoustics Zazen i platform instead of the butcher block and styrofoam? I think putting records in the stand will help some too but I honestly think the best solution is wall mounts. Unfortunately wall mounts like the Project WS5 cost more than the entire TT package. I solved this problem for myself by getting a better turntable, lol.

Any thoughts on the Isoacoustics Zazen i platform instead of the butcher block and styrofoam? I think putting records in the stand will help some too but I honestly think the best solution is wall mounts. Unfortunately wall mounts like the Project WS5 cost more than the entire TT package. I solved this problem for myself by getting a better turntable, lol.

I think they’re expensive and not the prettiest. There are more bespoke companies (like butcher block acoustics) that will do nicer looking things for less money.

Can be worth doing an online hunt for isolation platforms.

Back