Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Fluance rt85 comes with the Ortofon Blue
Project Esprit comes with the Ortofon Red

So the Fluance seems like a no brainer compared to the Project.

In america at the money id go fluance, over here the pro-ject, slightly different strengths and weaknesses but very much in the same waters so go for the cheapest! I have the pro-ject and it is a very good table!

The Debut Carbon has got a nice following around here as well as the Fluance RT85 at their price points, I would add the Pioneer PLX1000 (Direct Drive) to that list, but keep in mind it doesn't come with a cart and would put this at the top end of your budget once picking up a cart. That being said, I think you'll be happy with any of these decks ;)

Id put the Pioneer in the next bracket up. By the time you add the cartridge it’s a few hundred extra than those two! Great option if you have the extra in your budget!

Id put the Pioneer in the next bracket up. By the time you add the cartridge it’s a few hundred extra than those two! Great option if you have the extra in your budget!
Those brackets are tough to call sometimes, I've always gone with....
  • Under $300 - Entry Level
  • $300 - 500 - Took out the shovel and contemplating digging the rabbit hole.
  • $500 - 800 - Started digging the hole
  • $800 - 1000 - Can stand in the hole, but head is still above ground level
  • $1000 and up - The hole is deep, you can't see above ground level........going deeper still looms ominously in the air.
;):p;):p:LOL::ROFLMAO:

• $1000 and up - The hole is deep, you can't see above ground level........going deeper still looms ominously in the air.
Amen to that! Many have hit oil!

I'm right there with you, the speaker fund is growing nicely............THEN I'm done, really, I'm pretty sure, maybe...............
Oh absolutely. There’s definitely no way on earth I’ll upgrade my amp again post speaker change, and then I definitely won’t take the new speakers active in the future, and then absolutely won’t upgrade anything on my LP12. No way sir. 🤭

You may want to also bookmark the Hardware Deals forum, some great opportunities trickle into that thread..........as well as temptations beyond belief, follow at your own risk ;)
The Vincent Pho-8 is kind of the "Go To" at that price point, I've had one and recommend it highly ;)
So....the Vincent Pho-8 ($300) or the Musical Fidelity LX-LPS (that’s normally $500, on sale for $200 courtesy of the hardware deal thread)?

yeah the fluance and pro-ject kinda straddle 2/3 but by the time you add a cart to the pioneer you’re straddling 3/4 so I stand by my statement 😜

yeah the fluance and pro-ject kinda straddle 2/3 but by the time you add a cart to the pioneer you’re straddling 3/4 so I stand by my statement 😜
Oh, completely meant in jest, lol. I think there are some variables that buck any type of "brackets" anyone comes up with, but you are correct in your statement............sometimes budgets have a little wiggle room ;)

K all...if I were to upgrade something next...what would it be?

My current setup is:
Uturn orbit with grado black
Vincent Pho-8
Elacs b6 debut
Onkyo 8020

Back