Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Starts at 4,099... so not outside of what I am thinking end table wise... interesting...
What do folks here think about the Rega P10? A Class A rated turntable by Stereophile magazine that retails for less than $6500USD including arm and cartridge. I’m considering selling mine when the Rega Naia comes out this fall. I love the sound, ease of setup and set it and forget it simplicity of the P10 but having a production version of Rega’s Naiad just tugs at me.

What do folks here think about the Rega P10? A Class A rated turntable by Stereophile magazine that retails for less than $6500USD including arm and cartridge. I’m considering selling mine when the Rega Naia comes out this fall. I love the sound, ease of setup and set it and forget it simplicity of the P10 but having a production version of Rega’s Naiad just tugs at me.
Much like a lot of gear, I think once you cross a certain threshold there really aren't any "bad" turntables, it ends up being cost, bells and whistles and personal preferences. With the P10, I think the biggest thing is it's aesthetic, it has to appeal to you, outside of that I think the table reviews well and holds it's own.

Much like a lot of gear, I think once you cross a certain threshold there really aren't any "bad" turntables, it ends up being cost, bells and whistles and personal preferences. With the P10, I think the biggest thing is it's aesthetic, it has to appeal to you, outside of that I think the table reviews well and holds it's own.
I think he is running one now, at least his sig leads me to believe this. @OMC did you mean to inquire about the Naiad?

Reactions: OMC
What attracted me most about the P10 was the sound it extracts from the groove. That’s the bottom line for me. Aesthetics are secondary.
It's kind of the same thing though, right? You like what Rega does and this is a step up in their chain, no? The only other thing would be to set up an audition, I guess.

What attracted me most about the P10 was the sound it extracts from the groove. That’s the bottom line for me. Aesthetics are secondary.
I do believe in diminishing returns as one goes up an audio brand line. My experience has been that the penultimate product in the line tends to be a better value than the top of the line, even if the top is better in an absolute sense.

For each of us in this hobby, we have to determine for ourselves the boundary between satisfaction and excess!

I do believe in diminishing returns as one goes up an audio brand line. My experience has been that the penultimate product in the line tends to be a better value than the top of the line, even if the top is better in an absolute sense.

For each of us in this hobby, we have to determine for ourselves the boundary between satisfaction and excess!
I just want... one more cart upgrade. Just one. I swear, this is the last one, just... just a little hit... then I'm done.

And maybe an amp at some point.

Very true. That's why I'm interested in the Naia. The $30,000+ Naiad is out of my league but the penultimate Naia is tantalizingly close to being affordable to me. It helps that I have a great friend who is a retailer of Rega and other fine lines, Accuphase, Focal, etc. Please don't think I pay anywhere near list on my audio gear. I may be crazy but I ain't real dumb, to quote David Crosby.

Got some speaker wire and hooked the Lintons to the 3050 just now and am streaming tunes from my phone. Sound is room filling and excellent straight out of the box. The VU meters are lit up but deflect none whatsoever. I've tried toggling the switch on the back and turning it up to deafening levels. What's the secret?

Got some speaker wire and hooked the Lintons to the 3050 just now and am streaming tunes from my phone. Sound is room filling and excellent straight out of the box. The VU meters are lit up but deflect none whatsoever. I've tried toggling the switch on the back and turning it up to deafening levels. What's the secret?
Not sure there is one. Just using Bluetooth?

Back