Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

yea --i have separates for DAC and Phono on both my setups and then either a CD player or streamer. shame because i've heard nothing but great things about it and it looks like a beaut.

Maybe down the line there will be an MDC2 add on card with extra analogue inputs. I know there used to be one for the last generation of the top level M products.

It having a mains in does open up some options though. I think I’ve decided to go transport route because I don’t have any sacd and there’s no reason to spend $3000 to add a format I don’t currently use.

It having a mains in does open up some options though. I think I’ve decided to go transport route because I don’t have any sacd and there’s no reason to spend $3000 to add a format I don’t currently use.

Kinda but also kinda not. If you take out the jumpers you effectively stop using anything before the pre in. Yes you can add your own preamp and run multiple things in through it but you lose the NADs volume control and DAC and the MDC cards so no bulit in blueOS or DIRAC. You can get multiple source RCA switch boxes too but they’d be third party, I don’t think NAD makes one.

I think the transport probably is wisest option with this amp. Especially as transports are having a bit of a renaissance right now and as you don’t have any SACDs. From entry level with the three IAG brands (Audiolab/Quad/Leak) to surprisingly good and whilst expensive cheap when you consider the laser in it (Project RS2) to just the downright shockingly good but pricy (Jays and a few others) there are so many options right now.

Kinda but also kinda not. If you take out the jumpers you effectively stop using anything before the pre in. Yes you can add your own preamp and run multiple things in through it but you lose the NADs volume control and DAC and the MDC cards so no bulit in blueOS or DIRAC. You can get multiple source RCA switch boxes too but they’d be third party, I don’t think NAD makes one.

I think the transport probably is wisest option with this amp. Especially as transports are having a bit of a renaissance right now and as you don’t have any SACDs. From entry level with the three IAG brands (Audiolab/Quad/Leak) to surprisingly good and whilst expensive cheap when you consider the laser in it (Project RS2) to just the downright shockingly good but pricy (Jays and a few others) there are so many options right now.
I’m probably gonna do the leak cause I like the way it looks. We’ll see what’s around when I finally decide to bite. Right now I’m loving my vinyl too much when I have the time to sit down. It has been really cool to stream through the hifi instead of over the kitchen echo.

I’m probably gonna do the leak cause I like the way it looks. We’ll see what’s around when I finally decide to bite. Right now I’m loving my vinyl too much when I have the time to sit down. It has been really cool to stream through the hifi instead of over the kitchen echo.

Yeah I totally get all of that. I was a year without CDs at all after the previous one died and before I bought the newer one. I didn’t miss them at the time because I love my vinyl more but damn the Jays is so good that it has me spinning more CDs than I have at any time since I started collecting vinyl!

I am also leaning way, way into a Leak 130 paired with Lintons. I have to wait for closing day first, though.

Back