Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Yeah I don't have one on my current table but I was more thinking about it for the ADS controller perhaps. Although I think it may itself be a conditioner like the SDS was, although I'm not certain about that.
The ADS is a sine wave generator- basically an amplifier. A turntable with an AC motor gets its speed regulation from the 50 or 60 cycles from the incoming electricity. The ADS regenerates the incoming line frequency for better speeed regulation. You get a pure 60 Hz line frequency without any noise or hash from your electrical provider.

The ADS is a sine wave generator- basically an amplifier. A turntable with an AC motor gets its speed regulation from the 50 or 60 cycles from the incoming electricity. The ADS regenerates the incoming line frequency for better speeed regulation. You get a pure 60 Hz line frequency without any noise or hash from your electrical provider.
Are you willing to bet money on that. Because my electrical provider SUCKS and my house was built and wired 65 years ago.

I mean I just want it because it's a speed box and I don't have to change the belt.

Not judging. My concession to usability is that I won’t ever buy a table without a speed change button and a hinged dust cover. I’d be on that train too.

The price of the big PS Audio system regenerators though is just woof!

Not judging. My concession to usability is that I won’t ever buy a table without a speed change button and a hinged dust cover. I’d be on that train too.

Yeah despite the lack of a speed change button and a dust cover (C'mon how does this not come with one) the Classic is fully modular and upgradeable which I think for me and my habits is the best thing. It means I can always upgrade down the line without having to buy increasingly insanely priced tables in order to advance. The individual upgrades are far more affordable on a case by case basis. Also it's got a screw down clamp which for me is an absolute must have at this point.

Yep.

AC motors rely on line frequency for speed.

DC motors rely on line voltage.

My table has a DC motor but uses a switch mode power supply. The advantage is it’ll automatically run at the correct speed with any voltage from 100-250 volts. What the power company does doesn’t really matter.

Plus a switch mode power supply works without a transformer, so it’s far quieter than a conventional power supply.

I never actually said how much I spent on them so I don't think we can conclusively say this DON'T GO BACK AND LOOK I KNOW I NEVER SAID AND IF I DID I WAS LYING THAT DAY

I do remember going to look at the company back then and seeing the list prices. I know you didn’t pay near that but it’s still a percentage of a shit tonne lol.

Back