Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

I think that’s why they used to make a version of the 5mm mat for just the mark II-VII and GR, and derivatives, which has since been replaced by the APM? They have a chamfered edge. The only technics the standard 5mm is supposed to fit is the G?
Correct. I had the APM with the GR. I prefer the standard mat.

Also on an aside the brainwaves replacement headphone pads are really nice and easy to fit. They only supply the standard PU leather ones for my headphones, so nothing fancy like some of you have, but the ones that came on them had degraded after 5 years of commuting in all weathers so needed changing out!

I figured this out a while ago. I think the very closest one can actually get is the illusion of being at the mixing board in the studio. In that case one is still listening through the studios mics, electronics and speakers.

A few well recorded live albums come closer, but still a long way from the real thing.

I figured this out a while ago. I think the very closest one can actually get is the illusion of being at the mixing board in the studio. In that case one is still listening through the studios mics, electronics and speakers.

A few well recorded live albums come closer, but still a long way from the real thing.
Most live shows are the same, unless you are going to see classical in a reputable venue for the music. I don't think I've ever seen a jazz band without amplification. I have been to a few intimate bluegrass things without amplification. But most of the time, there is some electronics in the way. It's kind of a mute point with most Rock music anyhow... almost nothing Jimi Hendrix did was pure music....

@Joe Mac weren't you talking about the Nu Vista recently?

Yea! The new CD and phono are out? Will they be priced equivalent to the old ones or the new pre and power amps…

Edit: Ah they’re just the existing ones on a pre owned basis lol. I’d love to hear the phono someday.

Hey all, new poster but not new to the forum. I’m considering the NAD C165BEE/C298/Linton route for a bedroom sized system. Looking at the Denafrips Aries 12th as the DAC. Main use will be Roon for my personal library of digital files and online stuff. That’s in addition to vinyl.

Anyone have any thoughts on this approach? Other DACs to think about?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Back