Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Hey all! Finally pulled the trigger on a Funk Firm Achromat. Before I give it a spin, for those of you who own one, did you use the adhesive stickers that came with it? Isn’t entirely clear if they’re an option, or always supposed to be used with the mat.

Hey all! Finally pulled the trigger on a Funk Firm Achromat. Before I give it a spin, for those of you who own one, did you use the adhesive stickers that came with it? Isn’t entirely clear if they’re an option, or always supposed to be used with the mat.
i think you have to use the stickers to get it to work properly. it was my impression that it has to be attached to the platter to work properly. i think @AnthonyI has one too though so he may know better?

Like it would adhere to your platter?

Stickers come with the mat. You need to use them. The instructions show the pattern to arrange them in. Congrats! I love my Achromat.

I have used the stickers on my VPI, and haven’t on my other two tables. Can’t say I noticed a difference.

i think you have to use the stickers to get it to work properly. it was my impression that it has to be attached to the platter to work properly. i think @AnthonyI has one too though so he may know better?

Funk suggest that you should use them but there are plenty of reports out there of people not using them. I probably would if I had one.

Like it would adhere to your platter?

Yeah with those 3M double sided tape dot things. By all accounts they come off easy enough without too much persuasion and any residue disappears with some white spirits.

Funk suggest that you should use them but there are plenty of reports out there of people not using them. I probably would if I had one.

Yeah with those 3M double sided tape dot things. By all accounts they come off easy enough without too much persuasion and any residue disappears with some white spirits.
Why’s it always got to be the white spirits with you, @Joe Mac ???

Yes you do need to use them, there is one thing though. On the 1200/1210 G for instance, the platter surface is solid, flat, but on the GR, there is a recess to the platter, so it has a small lip, meaning, the dots as indicated aren't going to make contact with the platter, If I remember correctly, this was also the case with the PLX 1000.

That said, if your not dealing with that particular problem, then yes, use the dots ;)

Yes you do need to use them, there is one thing though. On the 1200/1210 G for instance, the platter surface is solid, flat, but on the GR, there is a recess to the platter, so it has a small lip, meaning, the dots as indicated aren't going to make contact with the platter, If I remember correctly, this was also the case with the PLX 1000.

That said, if your not dealing with that particular problem, then yes, use the dots ;)

I think that’s why they used to make a version of the 5mm mat for just the mark II-VII and GR, and derivatives, which has since been replaced by the APM? They have a chamfered edge. The only technics the standard 5mm is supposed to fit is the G?

Back