Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Shouldn’t really make a difference with the Grados, they use standard 47k MM loading and aren’t really adjustable in that sense in the same way that an MC cartridge is.
I don't recall which Grado we are referring to, but a low-output Grado wood may have problems with a standard MM phono because there may not be enough gain. The LO wood Grados only put out about 1 mV; 3 -5 mV is more typical for a MM. The Sutherlands are great in being able to change loading and gain independently.

I don't recall which Grado we are referring to, but a low-output Grado wood may have problems with a standard MM phono because there may not be enough gain. The LO wood Grados only put out about 1 mV; 3 -5 mV is more typical for a MM. The Sutherlands are great in being able to change loading and gain independently.

True but the conversation was about loading rather than gain.

Anyone have any experience with the IsoAcoustics ZaZen isolation platform?

The new Hana has been VERY prone to footsteps on my hardwood floor lately and I’m worried about the stylus getting tweaked. What’s my best bet for shielding it from bouncy foot steps. Turns out my rottie doesn’t care to tread lightly around the turntable lol

The new Hana has been VERY prone to footsteps on my hardwood floor lately and I’m worried about the stylus getting tweaked. What’s my best bet for shielding it from bouncy foot steps. Turns out my rottie doesn’t care to tread lightly around the turntable lol
I've got the ZaZen I and II for my TT and Amp. On my spongy hardwood floor they do not stop heavy footsteps from skipping the table, but they do lessen the issue. Might be good enough for doggos.

There's always @Mnpctech!

Here's one for @AnthonyI, @HiFi Guy, and anyone else who's spent time with both these tables - if you could only choose one, purely based on sonics and not on ease of cartridge swap, etc - would you own the Ultradeck, or the Technics GR (not the G)? Curious! Just a hypothetical that popped in my head.

Here's one for @AnthonyI, @HiFi Guy, and anyone else who's spent time with both these tables - if you could only choose one, purely based on sonics and not on ease of cartridge swap, etc - would you own the Ultradeck, or the Technics GR (not the G)? Curious! Just a hypothetical that popped in my head.
I'm glad you qualified the question ahead of time, because this is a big can of worms. From a purely sonic stand point, I'd choose the UltraDeck over the GR.

The more I look at this new Uturn, the more I think about eventually picking it up.

While the jump from the Orbit to the StudioDeck was an adventure, there are flaws with the Mofi that I think diminish some of the fun and relaxation I had with the Orbit. There was something less finicky about the Orbit, more laid back. It sure doesn't take up as much space as the Mofi too. I think it has to do with the slight motor hum and the squeaky belt on startup. Just puts me in the wrong headspace.

The more I look at this new Uturn, the more I think about eventually picking it up.

While the jump from the Orbit to the StudioDeck was an adventure, there are flaws with the Mofi that I think diminish some of the fun and relaxation I had with the Orbit. There was something less finicky about the Orbit, more laid back. It sure doesn't take up as much space as the Mofi too. I think it has to do with the slight motor hum and the squeaky belt on startup. Just puts me in the wrong headspace.
Would be curious for your impressions! I’m very content with my Ultradeck but the novelty of a higher-end U-Turn intrigues me.

Back