Equipment Recommendations - The Home For New System and Upgrade Advice

Ok, perhaps my Mani isn't as dead as I thought it was. Gave it a 2 week break and it seems to be working fine. Assuming this continues, would buying a LX2-LPS or Cambridge Duo still be a worthwhile upgrade? Or should I just wait until something breaks for good?

For reference my current system is U-Turn with Grado Blue3, Schiit Mani, Onlyo TX-8020, ELAC Debut B6.

You would love the guy from two pictures prior leaning against his cheap turntable and using Bluetooth headphones. Sound quality is super important to him.

What I don’t get it why he’s leaning against the tv and hifi unit if there’s no cable. That’s gotta uncomfortable and there’s gotta be a sofa, or at least a chair, over the other side of the room facing that tele…

What I don’t get it why he’s leaning against the tv and hifi unit if there’s no cable. That’s gotta uncomfortable and there’s gotta be a sofa, or at least a chair, over the other side of the room facing that tele…
That’s as close to the sofa as he can get her. If only he had a real system….😎

Still a fan, still have my Insight. I had the Vibe V1, but that got sent back in for the Insight within the 60 day return window. Can't recommend them enough, I would go Insight or higher depending on your budget, you'll be happy with any of them.
did you recently review the Darlington MP-7? If so curious how it stacked up to the Sutherland?

Ok, perhaps my Mani isn't as dead as I thought it was. Gave it a 2 week break and it seems to be working fine. Assuming this continues, would buying a LX2-LPS or Cambridge Duo still be a worthwhile upgrade? Or should I just wait until something breaks for good?

For reference my current system is U-Turn with Grado Blue3, Schiit Mani, Onlyo TX-8020, ELAC Debut B6.
1. Does the Onkyo have a built in phono? If so you can always use that as a fall back.
2. Do you know what's wrong with the Mani? I think mine had a bad wall wart at one point and Schiit replaced it.
3. My next phono will be the Darlington Labs MM-6 if you are looking for other options. I think the LX2 is well-loved so that's a good option, the Cambridge less so. I've only heard the Darlington Labs so I can't comment much on the others except what I've heard from the group.

1. Does the Onkyo have a built in phono? If so you can always use that as a fall back.
2. Do you know what's wrong with the Mani? I think mine had a bad wall wart at one point and Schiit replaced it.
3. My next phono will be the Darlington Labs MM-6 if you are looking for other options. I think the LX2 is well-loved so that's a good option, the Cambridge less so. I've only heard the Darlington Labs so I can't comment much on the others except what I've heard from the group.
I had a whole thread covering it but basically my system kept dropping sound in one channel. Narrowed it down to the Mani. Onlyo has a built in phono. Used it for 2 weeks and it worked fine (Also made me realize how much better the Mani was than the built in). I hooked up the Mani again just to check and have been using it for a week so far with no problem.

I had a whole thread covering it but basically my system kept dropping sound in one channel. Narrowed it down to the Mani. Onlyo has a built in phono. Used it for 2 weeks and it worked fine (Also made me realize how much better the Mani was than the built in). I hooked up the Mani again just to check and have been using it for a week so far with no problem.
Oh man sorry I missed that. Glad it's working again!

Back